MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,885 Posts
I think it was a certainty that was going to happen, the BBC had made clear a month or two ago that they would be getting out of (expensive) sports coverage. Just hope C4 don't make a hash of it as they don't have a good track record.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed it was a certainty. Very sad that one of the best sports channels is destroying it's heritage and consolidating on minor sports such as Tennis as a result of money

·
Registered
689 Posts
Lots of people are going licence free now. That's why the BBC are struggling.
They usually start off by realising at university that you only need a licence to watch or record "LIVE" tv. They come away from there and its changed their viewing habits. They get all their news from social media,they don't see the propaganda news that TV pumps out. They watch what they want, when they want,block all the adverts or watch the programmes they want with all the adverts already removed.
There's no going back!
As old as I am I'm a convert too.>:)
People can't believe that I don't have a TV or watch live stuff but believe me when I say its no hardship. :smug_git:

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lots of people are going licence free now. That's why the BBC are struggling.
They usually start off by realising at university that you only need a licence to watch or record "LIVE" tv. They come away from there and its changed their viewing habits. They get all their news from social media,they don't see the propaganda news that TV pumps out. They watch what they want, when they want,block all the adverts or watch the programmes they want with all the adverts already removed.
There's no going back!
As old as I am I'm a convert too.>:)
People can't believe that I don't have a TV or watch live stuff but believe me when I say its no hardship. :smug_git:
Then you have entirely missed the point.
Social media is pure propaganda so news is delivered without ethical control or standards.

As for watching what you want when you want, I bet that includes BBC output. And if you don't pay your licence, soon there wont be any BBC or output. We'll be left with at best the quality of Channel 5, adverts in everything and lowest common denominator pay TV.

What the BBC do is maintain the standard - because that is their entire legal raison d'etre.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Then you have entirely missed the point.
Social media is pure propaganda so news is delivered without ethical control or standards.

As for watching what you want when you want, I bet that includes BBC output. And if you don't pay your licence, soon there wont be any BBC or output. We'll be left with at best the quality of Channel 5, adverts in everything and lowest common denominator pay TV.

What the BBC do is maintain the standard - because that is their entire legal raison d'etre.
"Without ethical control" I'd call that censorship.
What have I watched this year from the BBC?
Detectorists,and I will be watching Luther when the final episode has aired. Will it be from the iPlayer? probably not but servers in Russia where everything is free. I've hardly seen any adverts in years as "Most" can be blocked so TV funded by advertising also is not funded by me.
I'm a very bad consumer >:)

·
Super Moderator
11,001 Posts
consolidating on minor sports such as Tennis as a result of money
You might say that but the amount of Tennis coverage is huge compared to ANY motor sport. Mores the pity. Golf, football, and rugby too. BBC do not like cars. They even binned Top Gear!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts