MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battlefield 3: anyone think this is the best thing since sliced bread & fancy forming a squad and having a proper go?
Let me know :)
Awesome game but you get so much more from it working as a team: want to form one?

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
+1 to Hipstar.

Once you've played BF3 properly (on PC) you'll realise COD is just an "arcade shooter" in comparison.

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
+1 to Hipstar.

Once you've played BF3 properly (on PC) you'll realise COD is just an "arcade shooter" in comparison.
I played BF on PC, story was short as hell, and online is just a bug fest most of the time for me...

CoD all the way haha

Use to prefer BG by a long shot, but not anymore sadly!

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,152 Posts
+1 to Hipstar.

Don't need a frostbite graphic engine thing to be a good game! The competition makes it better, we aren't all impressed with shiny graphics lol

Tbh I've never played it but i think I will give it a go after Xmas. Might get forza though lol

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
I'd love to try bf3, i've heard some real crap about being forced to install the publishers own client app though and then having prob;ems with it.

Don't fancy it, my pc's got enough crap for every different publisher I happen to use anyway. What's the obsession with resident programs.

·
Registered
27,730 Posts
I'd love to try bf3, i've heard some real crap about being forced to install the publishers own client app though and then having prob;ems with it.

Don't fancy it, my pc's got enough crap for every different publisher I happen to use anyway. What's the obsession with resident programs.
This is the Xbox forum ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
COD4 on the PC was one of the best game i've ever played, IMO, but i've gone over to the dark side and am now on XBOX 360.
BF3 is a very good game. It is not the arcade FPS that, IMO, MW & COD have become, but then i still think Rainbow 6 & the early Ghost Recon's were awesome. They are more suited to my gaming style which is more towards realism than unloading a full clip before someone goes down.
Horses 4 courses ;)

The variety of vehicle (AH64, jets, tanks, AA, RPG's boats etc) that you can use on large maps where everything is destructible, and the team based rewards are refreshing. The game physics are good (you do have to aim higher the further the target is) before you can get a head shot. The weapons are quite different and there is a noticable difference between 7.62 rounds and 5.56: which is how it is.

The update they've done has actually made a fairly bug-free game quite buggy: go figure?
The single player is 6-7 hours so no point in buying it for that other than a display in great graphics, sounds & dynamics!
Multplayer is where it is at and, other than the wierd update, it performs and produces on a number of levels.

But it is not for everyone.

Anyone still interested in forming a squad (working together in BF3 makes a HUGE difference) or a team let me know :)

·
Registered
17,843 Posts
This is the Xbox forum ;)

Serves me right for clicking the link from the main forum page then I guess :(

But yeah, I would like to give it a whirl.

How can you play games on modern consoles anyway, I spent a whole night trying to get to grips with the xbox 360 with halo and i just never got there. The Wii is worse, spoilt many a good game just because you've no way to control it.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
+1 to Hipstar.

I played BF on PC, story was short as hell, and online is just a bug fest most of the time for me...

CoD all the way haha

Use to prefer BG by a long shot, but not anymore sadly!
I havnt even done lvl 3 on storey mode. Multiplayer is where its at.

It feels more like a proper PC game, than the CoD console port.

·
Registered
mg_zr
98 Posts
You really cant play either cod or bf3 on anything other than a PC.

The most recent cod is the first I havent bought, what with P2P wishy washy connections and the feeling that all new games are just expansions with little added to the actual gameplay.

Battlefield on the other hand, dedi servers that we ping at 19ms, so many ways to go either squad based or lone wolf, air or land, wheels or tracks, mental 64 player gameplay! Yes 64, console players!!! Oh and no upscaling!!!!

Everytime I play I find new things, nothing beats the satisfaction of C4'ing a buggy up and driving it straight into a tank before running off and pressing the det!

Destroyer1978 if anyone wants to add me on the PC. Always up for some squad play and always need a decent gunner for the apache!!

handypee added

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
BF3 is a good port from the PC to xbox, not as many players, only 11 aside, but still great fun. Its one of the most enjoyable and the most frustraiting games i've played...

What i cannot seem to do is pick the right weapon, it seems that i go toe to toe with say a sniper with a pistol at 50 feet and i use a PDW I have found that the pistol will win...bloody frustrating. I can see that I hit him full on, his head is being drilled, he just will not go down.

The Javlin very under powered against tanks, even if they have no active armor, it takes a good two/three hits to kill it, but the best is the choppers, once painted and locked, bye bye...nothing is more satisfying in seeing a exploding attack chopper falling to the ground in a ball of flame...smug chooper heads. ( i only say that as I cannot fly them, every time I get in one, i'm downed or crash into a light pole) funny the light poles must have the highest k/d ratio in BF3...

Perks68

1 - 14 of 14 Posts