MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday the 14th of May sees the above happening at the War Memorial Park in Basingstoke. It's organised by the Thornycroft Society and is always well attended by a multitude of petrolheads old and new with all sorts of cars, motorcycles, HGV's, buses, military vehicles, plenty of owners clubs (usually a big MG prescence), sidestands, displays and vehicle parades (vintage, classic, newish and new).

I found out today that the SE f'ers have an official paddock booked there to display their cars, so I was wondering if anyone down on the coast here fancied a convoy up there. It's a bloomin' good day out.

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
I shall be traveling from Lyndhurst to there that day, as I'm picking a new computer for my sister that weekend, so if you want to arrange some place to meet I'm game

A

·
0 Posts
I'm in the Paddock with the Frs, Nige....we have to be there early so unless you're going early too, no convoy for me...

A

·
0 Posts
James C said:
I shall be traveling from Lyndhurst to there that day, as I'm picking a new computer for my sister that weekend, so if you want to arrange some place to meet I'm game
James, I do believe that for your 'pass' you have to be 'on show' in the paddock - arriving before 10.30am!

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'tis a good day, I won a rosette for a motorbike once. Also both my grandfathers worked for Thornycroft (the big factory was where Morrisons is now), I remember going to the open days as a kid and dinging the bell on the fire engines

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be....

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
PaulaM said:
Oh dear does that mean getting up early? I dont do mornings :eek:
My Sister and her partner are there as well, he's helping with the whole thing (his uncle is one of the organisers or something), so I have to be up and leaving early anyway :)

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Youre right John, there is always a catch somewhere! So Curgs will we be having an early jaunt up together then??

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
PaulaM said:
Youre right John, there is always a catch somewhere! So Curgs will we be having an early jaunt up together then??
Well if Bruce doesn't min... Ohh, drive, yeah, umm, sure why not! ;)

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
PaulaM said:
LOL!! You crack me up sometimes Curgs! Shall we meet up at the New Forest Inn?? :hyper:
Sounds like a plan!

Just to confirm it's the same pub :lol:

New Forest Inn
Emery Down
Lyndhurst
Hampshire
SO43 7DY

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
CAN I COME TOO????

OK, I know I've already got a ticket and the New Forest is the opposite direction for me to Basingstoke but I just wanted to join in! :)

Which way do you think you'll be going?

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
James C said:
Not to the padock unless you have a pass, but you're more than welcome to the event. Think you can find it? :dddc:
You dingbat! I had a pass from the get go!
(Perks of being a regional rep!) ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts