MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to service my 1.4 KSeries in the next week or two, just a quick question:

How much oil does she hold as im going to drain the old stuff
Coolant - I'm going to bleed the coolant system cause the stuff in it atm is muck. Whats the story with this..Do I mix it with water or put it straight in? Also, are there different types?
One last thing. I'm getting a new backbox next week, does anyone have the Part number of the gasket that goes between the backbox and mid-section (I think!)

Thanks for your help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,451 Posts
alt said:
I'm going to service my 1.4 KSeries in the next week or two, just a quick question:

How much oil does she hold as im going to drain the old stuff
Coolant - I'm going to bleed the coolant system cause the stuff in it atm is muck. Whats the story with this..Do I mix it with water or put it straight in? Also, are there different types?
One last thing. I'm getting a new backbox next week, does anyone have the Part number of the gasket that goes between the backbox and mid-section (I think!)

Thanks for your help
stuff in the coolant is muck? hmmm sounds suspect to me, not mayo is it?
Try buypartsby.co.uk for all part numbers for backboxes and gaskets
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nebburns said:
stuff in the coolant is muck? hmmm sounds suspect to me, not mayo is it?
Try buypartsby.co.uk for all part numbers for backboxes and gaskets
Thanks for that. No its not mayo thank god, no signs of HGF *touch wood*.... Just looks a bit dirty, id say it hasnt been changed in ages
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
be careful when removing air from the system make sure u bleed properly i didn't and soon after noticed dreaded mayo, even my local mechanic said the k is quite a bitch to bleed properly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
flintsigs said:
be careful when removing air from the system make sure u bleed properly i didn't and soon after noticed dreaded mayo, even my local mechanic said the k is quite a bitch to bleed properly.
Oh? Is there a certain procedure? I always thought it was a simple un-bolt job :(
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top