MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most under-whelmed by the quality and finish of the badges on my TF......the `F`s ones were much better!!..

Are there any `better` replacements out there?........ or even some sort of decent quality after-market ones??..........

Ta.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,021 Posts
Ive only been able to find OE ones on Fleabay for around a tenner.

I have got a plan to restore the OE ones that have delaminated,so they dont do it again,but cant try it yet till I get Andieb's old badge to practise on.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Marl.L said:
Most under-whelmed by the quality and finish of the badges on my TF......the `F`s ones were much better!!..

Are there any `better` replacements out there?........ or even some sort of decent quality after-market ones??..........

Ta.
Mark, is it because they've delaminated, or are the TF badges made differently to the F ones?
 

·
In the Garage
MG TF
Joined
·
33,040 Posts
Not come across any replacements other then OEM badges that delaminate after a year even with an extra protective cote of lacquer. The problem seems to be that they are 70mm when most other MG badges are smaller or larger such as the cast SV Xpower.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andie B said:
Mark, is it because they've delaminated, or are the TF badges made differently to the F ones?
I know they de-laminate Andie......... recall lots of posts in the past about it from TF owners, and my Sons ZR is going the same...

TBH mine on the TF are just starting to peel but its not just that, the badges themselves look thin and cheaply made....... allmost like stickers!.

Wondered if anyone made any sort of better quality after-market ones........ dare I say in alluminium or chrome!!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
thats not too bad, im also thinking of getting a friend of mine to make some for mine, he did some for my little fiesta which were colour coded, they were vinyl badges with resin over the top to make them domed, they look fab, he did me some wheel centres for my other cat too, worth a thought
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,603 Posts
The lacquer has finally come off my front badge taking the paint with it... How easy is it to remove? I am going to repaint it by hand then lacquer again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,233 Posts
Marl.L said:
Wondered if anyone made any sort of better quality after-market ones........ dare I say in alluminium or chrome!!;)
There is a chap on XPF who made some alloy ones, but unfortunetly they would only fit the Zeds and not the TF. When asked by several TF owners about making some in the larger TF size he didn't seem interested unfortunetly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,075 Posts
iaross said:
The lacquer has finally come off my front badge taking the paint with it... How easy is it to remove? I am going to repaint it by hand then lacquer again.
Iain

I believe that the best way to get them off is to use fishing line to cut through the glue on the back - bit like flossing your badge!
 
E

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I smeared vasiline into my ZT badges. And then wiped it off. Stops water getting in the crack between the protective film and the silver egde.
 
A

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Sprinter said:
2 Alerts? Have you suggested alternative uses for Vaseline in the past?


Good tip - I think I'll try it.
Think I'll try that too - my rear badge is new after my bootlid was replaced in January after my accident so will be giving that tip a try. Front badge is nicely delaminating :( so will use the Vaseline tip on the new badge that Spikee has for me.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top