MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bad crunch and slid on some oil or diesel on the gallows corner round about !!!!! Lost control of it and the rear passenger wheel hit the kerb and the suspension has collapsed.

I left the car in a lay by for Sinclair's to come and get it and just had a call from them telling me it has been keyed and is in a very sorry state as it needs a complete new rear suspension on it - plus a repaint now !!!!!!!!!

Some parts can be saved but the damage is pretty bad. Looks like the insurance will be getting a call

A very p-eeed of

D

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
havin an accident is bad enuf but then for some to$$er to come along and key its taking the pi$$. like you aint got enuf on yoru hands already.

unlucky hope the insurance sort it out for ya asap!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not very happy - i must say but i am ok and it is only metal at the end of the day and it can be repaired.

D

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
theres no need to key a car full stop. i cant see what anyone get sout of keying a car. i dont want to sounds old as im only 23! but when i was younger the thought would never of even crossed my mind. and i know none of my friends done that sort of thing either. cant see why people do it. must just be a bored thing i suppose

·
Registered
255 Posts
Gutted for you, hope you get sorted asap......damn the ba$tards that keyed your car...Mindless vandalism seems to be a bi-product of the young and bored today.....its just sad :-(

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
deelunn said:
theres no need to key a car full stop. i cant see what anyone get sout of keying a car. i dont want to sounds old as im only 23! but when i was younger the thought would never of even crossed my mind. and i know none of my friends done that sort of thing either. cant see why people do it. must just be a bored thing i suppose
I know! I'm also only just 24 and like you wouldn't have ever comtemplated of doing anything like that ever! I really don't know what goes through these ppls heads :twak:

Sorry to hear bout the bad news :err: hope it gets sorted soon!

·
Registered
603 Posts
without trying to stick a spanner in the works, id be asking myself did the guy who picked it up scratch it somehow and he's just trying to shift the blame, sorry for accident i no how it feels before my TF160 i smashed up my mx-5 i was well gutted ive lived and learned tho and will be extra careful in damp conditions.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
bad luck chap (theres bit going about at the mo) Hope it gets sorted and better than new :)

every cloud has a silver lining or so they say. Probably a techspeed suspension setup and new alloys in your case :D

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Bad luck mate, but at least you walked away unscathed, as for the keying, it really get my goat up alot of it is down to jealousy if you ask me

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like it is going to be sorted out ( i hope ) I am going to go to the garage this afternoon and have a look at it and work out what they are going to do. I know the suspension is knackered though (shame as it has the full MS set up on it big brake kit polybushes etc etc) but it will all be replaced with MS stuff so it should be ok.

Also re the paint it gives my an opportunity to stick that new TF boot on along the new wings front and rear bumper I have plus all the other bits i have been collecting for it. :idea:
The question now though is do I add some dosh to it and go for a custom paint job I was thinking Plat silver with a tiny bit of red pearl or do I leave it just plain Plat silver -incase something happens again and i need to get more work done
Am well gutted about it but I am sure "Dee" could put a smile back on my face "23 ehh " Jesus I bet you have broke a few hearts.......

D

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
darren ill have you no i have never once in my life willingly broken someones heart!

check out my get out clause! 'willingly'!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dee i am "wiling" to give it a go:dddc:

Deano - am going to the garage this afternoon will keep ya posted re the paint

D

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
ok this has gone far enuf now. i never thought id ever be saying this to anyone one here (and will be a huge shock to some of yous!) but darren, i dont think my girlfriend will approve of us. i also dont think shed be happy if i went out with anyone from this site! however i do have permission to send deano some photos! work out the logic there! lol

1 - 20 of 63 Posts