MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just finished some training at a place called Upper Heyford which is an old American Airforce base nr bicester/banbury, there was a sea of shining gleaming bonnets and roofs. On a closer inspection found out that they were nearly all MGTF's of all ranges sat there. I remember doing the training last year and don't think any of them have moved..

whats all the stock sat there for and why is no-one trying to sell them?? it seems a waste to have them all sat there gathering rust and not being used on a great day like this...

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,037 Posts
The administrators have been releasing stock at a slow rate so the new price of MGR cars new and old doesn’t completely collapse and we should all be thankful for that.

Personally I think its time that they are broken up for spare parts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
petevick said:
the first 4 TF's on a search for 160's on autotrader were all 06 reg cars, dribbling in to the dealers.
Would imagine they come with a whole host of problems being static for well over a year. there must be at least 1000 of them up there along with numerous different models of rovers!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I tried to get a new 160 a couple of months back, and not a single dealer in the country seemed able to provide one. An '06 would have been nice, but I got myself an '04, and I'm happy!

Loads of 135s around at the time, but 160s were none existant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts