MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I was driving past Ryton again today.

It was sobering to see how quiet it is over at the main site now. But one thing that was good to see was the number of old Rootes cars that are still being driven around the area.

Today I saw a beautiful Humber Super Snipe, a Singer Chamois, a Hillman Imp and a Hillman Avenger. All good stuff.

Its good to know that somebody remembers.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Remarkable. Had a company car Avenger for a while ... same colour ....not bad for the time.

It's amazing what some folks stash away for the future. Few years back, someone offerred for sale an unregistered MGB tourer which had never seen road use and had been dry stored since it left the production line. If ever I have a few quid to spare ...... :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Would you be able to register it now or would you have to have one of those tests the manufacturer normally has done to comply with regulations. And if so would it pass?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Would you be able to register it now or would you have to have one of those tests the manufacturer normally has done to comply with regulations. And if so would it pass?

Wondering the same thing no doubt the DVLA will make it near on impossible. Beautiful example, my dad only ever drove British cars, I am sure we had one when I was a kid, he changed his cars so often I am not entirely sure. However just seeing cars from the 70's takes me back.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I had one of those when I was a student. It was orange, and it was one of the first cars I ever spun going to fast around a corner!

I had a mate who had a TC version, and of course we all hankered over an Avenger Tiger.

That needs to go to a museum really, be a shame to use and would probably give all sorts of problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts