MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have we disabled the avatar feature?

My nice shiny XPGZS180 picture has disappeared, and if I go into the settings page it says I don't have permission!

Thought I was in trouble as I have a vague memory of taking the p*ss out of Mega in a post lastnight but can't remember, too much stella I think late on!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah so it's about saving bandwidth. No worries.

Perhaps at some point we could re-enable the feature but with images that are hosted elsewhere e.g. you just enter the image url?

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
We'll be on a new server in the new year, with a bit more bandwidth. I'm consolidating this server and the seperate one I use for UK Websystems clients, onto one large server with 180GB a month bandwidth. We're currently on 80GB, but using 100-110GB a month.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I just asked this question on another board and I was referred here and that thread was closed. Sorry I never thought of looking here first which I should have done. Its understandable to close down the pictures because of bandwidth but its a shame as it takes away a little individualism.

·
Administrator
79,177 Posts
oxygen blue said:
I just asked this question on another board and I was referred here and that thread was closed. Sorry I never thought of looking here first which I should have done. Its understandable to close down the pictures because of bandwidth but its a shame as it takes away a little individualism.
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll be back sometime soon, hopefully before Christmas!

/hint

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
looks abit cack without.. lol i was about to format my pc when i seen they were missing... thoughtmy ie was mashed.

It gave everyone abit of feature..... i had my car on mine, some people had there own photo on theres, and some just random cack... but still.... felt like you knew who you were talking to... now you dunno whos who.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts