MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have recently purchased a ZT190+, Trophy Blue, twin pipe Xpower exhaust, induction kit with cold air feed, privacy glass, 2002 52 plate.

Nuff about the spec! My question is, I read in the manual that there should be a 12V auxiliary lighter socket somewhere under the dash. Can't find it though. I was planning on plugging in my GPS (via a PDA) here.

What am I missing (apart from the socket)

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
belcher said:
Hi all. I have recently purchased a ZT190+, Trophy Blue, twin pipe Xpower exhaust, induction kit with cold air feed, privacy glass, 2002 52 plate.

Nuff about the spec! My question is, I read in the manual that there should be a 12V auxiliary lighter socket somewhere under the dash. Can't find it though. I was planning on plugging in my GPS (via a PDA) here.

What am I missing (apart from the socket)

Lift up your centre armrest lid. If it's fitted then that is where it is-underneath the black plastic lift up lid on the LH side of the storage area. If it's not there then you haven't got one but your dealer should be able to sort that. They only take about 30 minutes max to fit.

hth

Mike

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply Mike. I never thought it would be there! Funnily enough, there is an empty hole in the centre box. The previous owner must have removed it for some reason. Either that, or the there was a blanking plug there that has fell out? Besides, that it a bit of a useless place to have it. I may as well just plug it into the lighter socket and have the cable running over the front of the dash (which is what I was trying to avoid). It would have looked worse trailing all the way from the centre arm rest.

Thanks for the comments on the car. I will take some pickies as soon as I get time to clean all the dust and crap off it first. It really looks fantastic from the back with the big beefy twin oval tailpipes. The ZT190+ in Trophy Blue is a truly stunning looking car - a real headturner. Well done MG.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
belcher said:
Besides, that it a bit of a useless place to have it. I may as well just plug it into the lighter socket and have the cable running over the front of the dash (which is what I was trying to avoid). It would have looked worse trailing all the way from the centre arm rest.
It is useful for powering the kids Gameboys while they play on them in the back, as well as for DVD players, cool boxes etc., because there are no trailing wires around the gear stick or handbrake.

But your right it's no use for us poor drivers :lol:

There is also provision for a rechargeable torch unit to be fitted in the box. I've just bought one-now all I have to do is fit it:lol:

I look forward to seeing your pics. I like the description of your ZT or, as us Rover types call it, 'a 75 with attitude' :)

Regards

Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts