MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When Paula and I met up a few months ago she showed me a feature (of her car) which I am sure mine does not have. When the car is left idol and unlocked for a certain amount of time (Paula can confirm) it locks itself ..... !!!

When did that go into the TF ?

:iwstupid:

Gonna test mine when I get her back !

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Mr Freak said:
When Paula and I met up a few months ago she showed me a feature (of her car) which I am sure mine does not have. When the car is left idol and unlocked for a certain amount of time (Paula can confirm) it locks itself ..... !!!

When did that go into the TF ?

:iwstupid:

Gonna test mine when I get her back !
Yeah my volvo s40 used to do that, I thought it was quite a cool feature....

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
It's on my '53 plate but only happens if you don't open any doors after using the fob to unlock and re-locks in a very short time (less than 1min). Don't know if later models have a different system.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
My '53 TF135 is as Pip's. Unlock with blipper, do not open door, relocks after 30 seconds. Doesn't happen if you open the door and reclose it.

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Yep it locks itself after about 30 secs if unlocked and no doors are opened, heres an interesting thought though, does it still do it if you open and close the boot?

I dont know if the older TFs have this feature, did they introduce it into later models like the 'superlocking' with one press of the plip only??

·
Registered
566 Posts
just in case you did know this either,

if you lock & arm your alarm, you can open the boot without having to disarm the alarm. shut the boot and it rearms the alarm it's self.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seeing as I dont have my car at the moment I cant test it but it works on the ZR. Mine is an 03 plate ...... hopefully when I get the car back tomorrow I will test it. Seeing as me and Deano got the cars at the same time it should work on mine to.

Fingers crossed on all counts. :)

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
why doesn't mine do it :( , I locked it, unlocked it, waited, waited, waited and waited a bit more, still nothing, I feel done (any references to it being something about colour will be frowned upon)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts