MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I am not mistaken the 25 has performed better this year, along with the 45.

The ZS makes an astonishing 25th :rocker:

AE also seem to think that the refreshed models may actually push the MGR range up next year.

When you consider the ZS is a very very old car, it has wiped the floor with some much more prestigous, and illustrious modern day rivals.

I think the results this year are very good.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Well, the TF didn't feature at all - I guess it was out of the top 100. ZT did pretty well, the Rover lagged behind a bit, although it did score the top marks of all the cars surveyed for ride.

What came up time and time again was build quality. Sometimes down to bad fit and finish, some down to perceived quality of interior materials. That said, the fact that the cars are up on last year suggests that this is something that MG-Rover have already taken to heart, and that this will improve year on year as more and more people use the newer built cars.

Overall, I felt that MG-Rover came out reasonably well. They also said that replacing the ZS - despite the age of the car - was going to be a tough act. So they are still impressed with that car, which is good news.

·
Registered
989 Posts
The zt was the 2nd best compact exec (lexus IS 1st). THe rover 75 was 3rd best compact exec and the best car in the whole survey for ride.
The zs was fifth best for handling and 3rd best in small family cars.It beat the new astra/golf/a3. Only the civic and octavia were better. And auto express reckons the 25/zr and 45/zs will move up next year due to the revised cabins.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Here goes - a full run down:

100 - Citroen Saxo
99 - Fiat Punto
98 - Peugeot 206
97 - Mercedes-Benz A-Class
96 - VW Beetle
95 - Vauxhall Corsa
94 - Peugeot 307
93 - Land Rover Discovery
92 - Land Rover Freelander
91 - Ford Ka/SportKa
90 - Renault Clio
89 - Citroen C3
88 - VW Polo
87 - Renault Laguna
86 - Vauxhall Astra
85 - Rover 25
84 - Ford Galaxy
83 - Seat Ibiza
82 - Renault Scenic
81 - Renault Espace
80 - Alfa Romeo 156
79 - Ford Fiesta
78 - Peugeot 406
77 - Citroen Xsara
76 - Rover 45
75 - MG ZR
74 - VW Golf
73 - Smart City Coupe/Cabriolet/For Two
72 - Alfa Romeo 147
71 - Renault Megane
70 - Fiat Stilo
69 - Citroen C2
68 - Citroen Xsara Picasso
67 - Vauxhall Vectra
66 - Volvo S40/V40
65 - Nissan Primera
64 - Vauxhall Zafira
63 - MINI
62 - Nissan Almera
61 - Toyota MR2
60 - Vauxhall Omega
59 - VW Passat
58 - Vauxhall Astra (New)
57 - Fiat Multipla
56 - Renault Scenic (New)
55 - Audi TT
54 - Ford Puma
53 - Honda Accord
52 - Ford Mondeo
51 - Nissan Micra
50 - Ford Focus
49 - BMW Z4
48 - Saab 9-3
47 - Jaguar X-Type
46 - Hyundai Coupe
45 - Citroen C5
44 - Toyota Celica
43 - VW Bora
42 - Mercedes-Benz C-Class
41 - Audi A4
40 - BMW 3 Series
39 - Audi A6
38 - VW Touran
37 - Seat Leon
36 - Subaru Forester
35 - Toyota Avensis
34 - Toyota Corolla
33 - Rover 75
32 - VW Golf (New)
31 - Porsche 911
30 - Volvo S80
29 - Toyota RAV4
28 - Nissan 350Z
27 - Audi A3
26 - Saab 9-5
25 - MG ZS
24 - Subaru Impreza
23 - Ford Focus C-MAX
22 - Mazda MX-5
21 - Volvo S60
20 - Honda Civic
19 - Volvo V70
18 - Porsche Boxster
17 - Honda CR-V
16 - Mazda RX-8
15 - MG ZT
14 - Jaguar XJ
13 - Toyota Yaris
12 - Jaguar S-Type
11 - Nissan X-Trail
10 - Mercedes-Benz E-Class
9 - Mazda6
8 - BMW 5 Series
7 - Skoda Fabia
6 - BMW X5
5 - Lexus IS
4 - Skoda Octavia
3 - Honda Accord (New)
2 - Honda Jazz
1 - Honda S2000

Key points:

• Rover 25 beat Citroen Saxo, Fiat Punto, Peugeot 206, Vauxhall Corsa, Renault Clio, Citroen C3 and VW Polo overall.
  • MG ZR beat all of the above and also the Seat Ibiza and Ford Fiesta. Only the Citroen C2, MINI, Nissan Micra and Toyota Yaris.
  • Rover 45 beat Peugeot 307, Vauxhall Astra (Old) and Citroen Xsara.
  • MG ZS beat all of the above and also the VW Golf (Old), Alfa Romeo 147, Renault Megane, Fiat Stilo, Nissan Almera, Vauxhall Astra (New), Ford Focus, VW Bora, Seat Leon, Toyota Corolla & Audi A3.
  • Rover 75 beat Renault Laguna, Alfa Romeo 156, Peugeot 406, Vauxhall Vectra, Nissan Primera, Vauxhall Omega, VW Passat, Honda Accord (Old), Ford Mondeo, Jaguar X-Type, Citroen C5, Mercedes-Benz C-Class, Audi A4, BMW 3-Series, Audi A6 (Old) and Toyota Avensis
  • MG ZT beat all of the above and also Volvo S80, Saab 9-5, Volvo S60 and Volvo V70. It was only beaten by Mazda6, Lexus IS and Honda Accord (New).

Make your own conclusions. Ageing products - they can still cut it with the best when it comes to Driver Satisfaction!

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Just browsing the general anti-MGR forums, notice not one has mentioned the JD power survey yet..... probably sad to see that all the VAG cars (bar the Skodas - but lets face it - thats probably due to the owners pre-conceptions that Skoda have got so high) are behind MGR cars.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I don't believe that the build quality is any different on an MG or a Rover although there is now clear blue water between the two marques.

A lot of this is perception.Like Skoda owners, MG owners are so happy with the car that they actually don't see faults in them. People expect things to go pear shaped and when they don't they even overlook the faults which do pop up.

No wonder SAIC now wants MG as a brand.

·
Registered
mg_zr
401 Posts
Vitesse Sport said:
1 - Honda S2000
- GET IN THERE! :D
Do they actually sell these in the UK still? I saw what is possibly only my 3rd or 4th sighting on one of these on the road yesterday. Obviously all 47 UK owners must have replied to the AutoExpress survey.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
MGCrazeee said:
Do they actually sell these in the UK still? I saw what is possibly only my 3rd or 4th sighting on one of these on the road yesterday. Obviously all 47 UK owners must have replied to the AutoExpress survey.
Hehehehe!!! :D

I own one, well I will do by the end of the week :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Vitesse Sport said:
I own one, well I will do by the end of the week :)

Good for you! Have fun, but don't be caught out by RWD if you're not used to it or haven't driven a RWD car for a while.

·
Registered
294 Posts
MGCrazeee said:
Yeah my mum's got one, the dealers only get a few in a year.

·
Registered
260 Posts
considering they are all old cars just think of the results when the 'new' car goes on sale! The MG badge is getting very strong now like xerif said no wonder the chineese wants the Mg badge they can see the potential.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice to see rover doing well hope the British press are quick to print MGRs success?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just emailed some of the thread to a mate who owns a mondeo and who allways slags off the rovers. Waiting for his reply!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts