MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone a recommended site to purchase door clips/screws/ nuts & bolts etc from?

I am particularly interested in the bolts that hold the front wings on/ the screws that hold the front slam panel and the cross head screws that hold the lock assembly in place in the door as they have become a little tarnished/rusty.

I was hoping that if I buy a quantity that they may be cheaper and thus would create a reserve of them for myself.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Most of the bolts are metric coarse series so quite easy to measure by the bolt OD. Most can be bought quite cheaply from your local fastener supplier, e.g. Allfix. There's usually a minimum order charge of something like £5. If you're not going to paint them then you might think about using stainless (A2 or A4 grade), otherwise zinc plated. If they're black and quite hard (test with a file) then you will need to substitute with high tensile bolts (Grade 12).
Just bought 8, M8 x 50 Lg stainless bolts for my exhaust mounting for £2 cash.

Door clips and self tappers are more difficult commercially. Proably best go to main agent.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
bresco seem the almost perfect solution ? I may give them a try myself - however unless I do a full nut & bolt bodyshell strip down I doubt if I will need more than small quantities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts