MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
I would have thought that close to being dangerous.

How often will that A series need rebuilding? Must kill the transmission as well.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The transverse V8 mini is a work of art! great stuff!

However the 224bhp turbo mini is pap, thats gonna do all of 1500 miles before it blows itself to bits.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
With a strong enough box? The A+ can be built up to give some serious power in turbo form. It's more than possible to get a reliable 180-200bhp from a 1293 or 1380cc A+, albeit at a high price! But putting this kind of power through a normal 4speed Mini gearbox, and expecting it to last more than 5min's is not! Avonbar racing have built 1293cc A+ engines with all steel internals, and T25 turbos to give up to about 250bhp now. I do agree that a 200bhp A-series isnt going to last forever, and it probably won't reach 50'000miles, but it can be done, and a few people have 200bhp+ turbo mini's.

I don't see the need for that much power in a Mini however, as even a mildly tuned 110-115bhp metro turbo engine would really make a mini shift well!

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
That was Bill Sollis driving, and it looked to me like he was pretty well lost for words.

225bhp Mini - what a weapon! Hookinbejaysus. :yikes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts