MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
2,604 Posts
Did you lower it to the point it pivoted on top of a speed bump and snapped in half? if not it's not low enough.
you joke, but that is almost literally what happened :hysteria:

matt, add me as attending, I should be free

Prefered Choice
-none-

Will Go
Goodwood Hill
Portsdown Hill
The Cricketers
The Greyhound
George & Dragon / Whiteways Lodge

Won't Go
-None-

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Put me as a attending, not fussed on location - more of an excuse to open the ***** up.
:broon: Added

matt, add me as attending, I should be free
:broon: No worries, Added!

I will wait until Monday to finalise the location, so if you have an opinion get it in! However, as it stands I will probably pick the George and Dragon then! :) (Never been, only driven past... so may need to do a scout mission...)

any luck beatonator only 16 days now ;-)
What do you mean mate?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Right guys!

As I was the only one who specified a preference (and its in the middle), I have set the location.
Saturday 17th August, 13:00 @ Whiteways Lodge, Bury Hill, then on to the George & Dragon, BN18 9LW.

Whiteways Lodge can get busy if its a nice day, if that happens there is another Car Park just down the road >Here< (It's on the way to the Pub!)

So far we have 4 attending! :) Come on guys, get your confirmations in! Lets make this a good meet!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Right guys!

As I was the only one who specified a preference (and its in the middle), I have set the location.
Saturday 17th August, 13:00 @ Whiteways Lodge, Bury Hill, then on to the George & Dragon, BN18 9LW.

Whiteways Lodge can get busy if its a nice day, if that happens there is another Car Park just down the road >Here< (It's on the way to the Pub!)

So far we have 4 attending! :) Come on guys, get your confirmations in! Lets make this a good meet!
Add me as a definite please!! :)

As long as I have a contact as I don't know my way round there and usually use a postcode!! ;)...Is whiteways café near the lodge??

Paul

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Add me as a definite please!! :)

As long as I have a contact as I don't know my way round there and usually use a postcode!! ;)...Is whiteways café near the lodge??

Paul
Hi Mate,
Whiteways Lodge = Whiteways Cafe. Didn't realise it was actually called "Whiteways Cafe", always been refered to as the Whiteways lodge. :lol:

So yeah thats the exact place. :Broon:

count me in as a definate
Wicked stuff :broon:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hi Mate,
Whiteways Lodge = Whiteways Cafe. Didn't realise it was actually called "Whiteways Cafe", always been refered to as the Whiteways lodge. :lol:

So yeah thats the exact place. :Broon:

Wicked stuff :broon:
Spot on - I look forward to seeing you all again....It's been too long ;)

Paul

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Are there any speedbumps at the pubs or carparks etc?
Not to my knowledge mate, but there is a steep(ish) hill on the way down to the pub... Hows your car with steep inclines (going from flat to incline)? :lol:

j70pauzs said:
Spot on - I look forward to seeing you all again....It's been too long

Paul
Agreed mate :broon: looking forward to it!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
erm... *Gulp*
Haha, its not too bad to be honest mate!

Bury Hill is the worst one out of all of them, if in doubt take the slightly longer route: >Link<
:broon:

Looks like I can make this, not sure if it will be in the F, TF or ZR yet! :lol:
Excellent stuff mate! Didn't realise you had 3 MG's now!? You starting a collection! Did your mate ever buy an MG in the end?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Haha, its not too bad to be honest mate!

Bury Hill is the worst one out of all of them, if in doubt take the slightly longer route: >Link<
:broon:

Excellent stuff mate! Didn't realise you had 3 MG's now!? You starting a collection! Did your mate ever buy an MG in the end?
We only have 3 until the end of the month, have to get rid of the F as my gf is going to be doing intergalactic mileage from September for her new job so we got a ZR TD ;)

Toby didn't get one in the end, although he recently got a job at Rolls Royce so he may be in a position to splash out in the near future :D

·
Registered
594 Posts
We only have 3 until the end of the month, have to get rid of the F as my gf is going to be doing intergalactic mileage from September for her new job so we got a ZR TD ;)

Toby didn't get one in the end, although he recently got a job at Rolls Royce so he may be in a position to splash out in the near future :D
Another one to join the smokey side oooo yer :) slowly converting you all!

Ooo and I'm affraid to say I can't make this one anymore guys ;( I have double booked myself

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Ah fair enough! Waiting a little before starting your collection, I get that... :lol:

MK1, MK2? Colour? Or is it a surprise? :lol:
Get your missus to drive one and you can drive another! :broon:
(Mind you that never works with my GF :()

Coolio, lucky him! Seem's everyone is being employed by RR lately! I know several people who seem to have got jobs there lately.

Ooo and I'm affraid to say I can't make this one anymore guys ;( I have double booked myself
Booooo hisssssss! :lol:

Put me in then as long nothing pops up from work I will be there blue n white 180.
:broon: Added buddy.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Not sure if I will have time to wash my poor car tomorrow before the meet! :(

Got an early start replacing our guttering! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly! Will see y'all tomorrow! :)

21 - 40 of 55 Posts