MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not aimed at anybody in particular, nor is it a rant of any kind.

It is mainly a heads up.

There is a really really good search function on this forum! :broon:

Easily found at the top right of the page. :lol: ;)

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,125 Posts
It’s a balancing act. Members new and old should feel that they can post a question without worrying about it (providing they comply with the forum rules) but on the other hand I know a lot of regular posters and visitors get fed up with quite often seeing the same questions day in day out.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If everybody uses the search function Kris, we would have nothing to talk about :lol:
Completely get your point, but there has got to be a limit as to how many times you can answer questions like "Which tyres are best?" etc. :rofl:

EDIT: Just seen Mr Mods post above. Absolutely what I meant originally. :broon:

·
Registered
905 Posts
But things change,tyres are deleted from a manufacturers range new ones are added.People try these out and have there own opinion or sometimes an opinion influenced by others.
Same goes for brake discs, pads,exhausts etc so things are always changing I think the the saying is 'There is nothing no constant as change'
The above applies mainly to consumable item that at some time wear out.
A section fixed in search could be for HGF but thats now changed with LR gasket and ladder a little time ago steel in place of plastic dowels.
Even part number change and are superseded.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,921 Posts
Kris are you just getting old and grumpy these days???? :dddc: Especially seen as you are the one who can never even be bothered to go to the start of a thread....

Plus if we didn't discuss things repeatedly how would the guys get their kicks out of suspension nipple greasing????

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kris are you just getting old and grumpy these days???? :dddc: Especially seen as you are the one who can never even be bothered to go to the start of a thread....

Plus if we didn't discuss things repeatedly how would the guys get their kicks out of suspension nipple greasing????
Bah humbug! Shut it you! :lol:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maybe worth a sticky with a list of commonly asked questions and links to the threads?
I agree, either and FAQ or more pointing to Petes site.

The search can sometimes just end up bringing up a load of rubbish!
Already been done though fella's. Didn't really draw a lot of attention to be honest. :dunno:

Don't really think there is a solution as such, I just felt like drawing peeps attention to the search function today. :lol:

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Well, that makes some of you sound like a VERY welcoming bunch of people, not....maybe some people come on here, see the group banter you lot like to partake in and feel that the ONLY way to be a part of it is to ask your advice???? And how many times have I seen threads from 'regulars' saying 'Can't be arsed to do a search on here, can you lot tell me X, Y, and Z?'

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, that makes some of you sound like a VERY welcoming bunch of people....maybe some people come on here, see the group banter you lot like to partake in and feel that the ONLY way to be a part of it is to ask your advice???? And how many times have I seen threads from 'regulars' saying 'Can't be arsed to do a search on here, can you lot tell me X, Y, and Z?'
Guilty of that myself probably. :rofl:

This thread was never meant to be all serious. Just a light hearted dig at nOObs. ;) :D

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,921 Posts
This is something that gets discussed all the time and has been tried. The basic point is that people should try the search function first before asking questions. It is easy enough to do and takes no longer than waiting for a response.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts