·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ASTRA TWINTOP BECOMES THE AUTOMATIC CHOICE

* Stylish drop-top Astra now available with automatic transmission
* Self-shifting gearbox linked to Vauxhall’s advanced new 1.8-litre VVT engine
* On sale from 24 June, priced from £19,330

Sun-worshippers heading to Vauxhall showrooms this weekend for the launch of the new Astra TwinTop will now be offered even more choice. In addition to the innovative three-piece roof, the TwinTop can now be ordered with just two pedals!

The newly-announced model is the first in the Vauxhall line up to mate the advanced 140PS 1.8-litre VVT petrol engine to an auto gearbox. The option is expected to increase the appeal of the TwinTop among owners who live in urban areas and want to avoid too much clutch-pumping in traffic.

But the auto TwinTop isn’t just a dashing way to pose in the city; it easily converts to a rewarding driver’s car on the open road, with a 0-60 time of 11.9 seconds and a top speed of 117mph.

Available in both the Sport and Design trim levels, the 1.8-litre automatic TwinTop Sport costs £19,330 on the road, while the luxurious Design model is priced at £20,030.

Performance Data – Astra TwinTop 1.8 VVT Automatic.

0 - 60 mph - 11.9 seconds
Top speed - 117 mph
Urban Fuel Consumption - 26.2 mpg
Extra Urban Fuel Consumption - 43.5 mpg
Combined Fuel Consumption - 34.9 mpg
CO2 Combined - 194 g/km

Attachments

·
Registered
853 Posts
and I have one sat on my drive at the moment - whilst the Signum is in for service

Does look good no CC fat arse look like the megane or 307 -

problems?

the roof takes 30 seconds to go up/down.

This is the 1.8 and it's as guttless as hell due to all the extra weight being pulled around.

When the roof goes back, if it's wet it dumps all the rain water in the car - both sets of seats!

positives?

The boot is HUGE.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Cool. I actually saw one of these driving around the eastbourne area....with no plates at all!
Surely they cant do this? Anyway I thought i had seen some amazing sneek preview but evidentally im way behind!

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
Theres a hint of BMW 6 series at the back or am I completely wrong?

The automatic (from the figures) appears to hamper performance quite markedly (near enough 12 seconds to 60) - hardly inspiring is it?

It is certainly true that this is one of (if not THE) most impressive of its kind on sale at the moment, the overhangs are reduced markedly and it works. I look forward to the VW EOS which also counters this problem...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I wouldn't touch any French CC but the astra seems well sorted. Be interesting to keep tabs on the roofs reliability in 12 months: as a proper 4 seater this has a lot going for it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Dunno if I'd call it a proper 4 seater. My 7 and 5 year old found the leg room a little on the small side... I wouldn't want to sit in the back for long...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts