MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you have not bought a car from here in the last few days!!

Arson attack at Rover dealer

Last posted: Wednesday 30 March 2005 09:39

POLICE are investigating an arson attack which caused £36,000 of damage to vehicles on a garage forecourt on Tuesday morning.

A security guard on his way to work at 3.40am spotted the blaze at the front of the MG Rover garage on Manchester Road, Bolton, and alerted the emergency services.

Arsonists had broken into an 18-month-old MG ZR car parked in a line of 20 vehicles for sale by smashing the window and setting the car alight.

The blaze spread to two adjacent MG ZR cars. Vandals had also broken into another nearby vehicle, but it was not damaged by fire.

No-one would comment at the garage.

Firemen from Bolton Central fire station managed to stop the fire spreading and, luckily the vehicles were not near any building.

"It could have been much worse," said sub-officer Shaun Walton. The blaze was the second arson attack in the area during the night.

Earlier, at midnight, vandals smashed the window of a Vauxhall Frontera parked in nearby Weston Street and set it alight. The vehicle was destroyed.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Find out who did it, then do the same to their own cars, or parents' car. In front of the dealer staff.

My new punishment, administered by the courts!

If they don't have a car, do it to their house!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
iaan said:
Find out who did it, then do the same to their own cars, or parents' car. In front of the dealer staff.

My new punishment, administered by the courts!

If they don't have a car, do it to their house!
Yeah, I like that idea. But if they don't have a car, give them the mad max ultimatum treatment, he he he.....

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
They don't have a massive range really - it's probably all parking space prepared for when sales start to flop from more 'bangle' creations / people get wise that they are way overpriced and becoming more so by the day.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Bazzer_Mcbead said:
Whats with BMW dealers being so huge? Almost all of them that I have seen have stretched 500 yards down the road they are on. I did'nt know BMW had such a big range...
It's so they can fill the showroom with every single car they do. The one near me even has a 1-Series in white. I've been thinking of going in just to take the piss!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Mr_Censored said:
Let me guess..... you're not american are you?
You guessed right. I'm not American, but let ME guess. By your comments I can only conclude that your opinions of peoplel are based purely on their nationality, hence your hatred towards all things German, and your suspicion towards anything not British. That is a common weakness with all xenophobes; sadly too prevalent in this forum. Perhaps you and many others ought to question why it is that Britain (the country with the fourth largest GDP in the world) is incapable of fronting its own large, home-based and home-owned car industry. Blaming the Germans is the activity of cretins (no doubt the real reason behind your childish tirade). As Pio Baroja (a writer, in case you didn't know) once said "Nationalism is a disease cured by travelling."

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yeah Clarete, good point!

There are millions of nice, cool, superb Americans. I've met them on my travels!

On another note, maybe this thread should be re-titled: 'A***holes attack at Rover dealer!'

·
Registered
560 Posts
clarete said:
You guessed right. I'm not American, but let ME guess. By your comments I can only conclude that your opinions of peoplel are based purely on their nationality, hence your hatred towards all things German, and your suspicion towards anything not British. That is a common weakness with all xenophobes; sadly too prevalent in this forum. Perhaps you and many others ought to question why it is that Britain (the country with the fourth largest GDP in the world) is incapable of fronting its own large, home-based and home-owned car industry. Blaming the Germans is the activity of cretins (no doubt the real reason behind your childish tirade). As Pio Baroja (a writer, in case you didn't know) once said "Nationalism is a disease cured by travelling."
Youre a barrel of laughs arent you. Who's the one making sweeping generalisations here? I can assure you I regularly ponder the question of how the UK has p*ssed away/sold to the highest bidder its once world-leading car industry to the extent that we are all now rooting for the chinese to save us from total oblivion. As for xenophobic, I come on this forum because I am interested and concerned about the future of MGR, not to bash the Germans. When it comes to travelling, I am english but my work has taken me to Germany, China, France, Romania for long periods of time amongst other things and I now live in France, with no plans to return to the UK. Finally, my initial remark was generated by the fact that you were quick to start bashing street boy over an off-the-cuff remark, which I notice was your first post on this forum. Very constructive. Take my advice - f*** off.

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
guys/gals i think we need to chill! forums are here to express a view point - and not to be nasty to one another and everyone has their own opinions and they are entitled to them.

lets not get nasty!

edited: i forgot to mention view points arnt a means for being nasty or calling other members or being rude. im not a mod or anything i just want this forum to be the best it can be

·
Registered
62 Posts
xpower_boy said:
THIS WAS THE ONLY PIC I COULD FIND>
That's Lister Park BMW, destroyed in the Bradford riots a few years ago. Just after the MINI had been launched. Lister Park have now relocated to a new site in Bradford. (Think the site pictured used to be the Andrew's Brothers Alfa Romeo dealer in the 70s.) A Citroen dealer (ex Jack Andrews) at the nearby Whetley Hill suffered the same fate as Lister Park. That was quite some time ago now.

G

·
Yea thats Bradford - tensions have related a little but still fraught.

The dealers in Bradford have changed greatly in the last 10 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts