MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was sat in Wiggles, roof down making the most of the nice spot of wather, waiting to pull out into the traffic to come home to lunch and this old boy leans over the window and says "excuse me son" "yes," I reply. "Bloody nice car mate" he says.

That gave me a smile all the way home :D

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He surprised me actualy, as I was wistfully staring at the Tahiti Blue F on the other side of the road hoping it's attractive blonde lady owner would come out and go topless :naughty:

·
Registered
131 Posts
James C said:
He surprised me actualy, as I was wistfully staring at the Tahiti Blue F on the other side of the road hoping it's attractive blonde lady owner would come out and go topless :naughty:
"topless" ? .....you mean the car don't you :minxy:

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
James C said:
I was sat in Wiggles, roof down making the most of the nice spot of wather, waiting to pull out into the traffic to come home to lunch and this old boy leans over the window and says "excuse me son" "yes," I reply. "Bloody nice car mate" he says.

That gave me a smile all the way home :D

Yes we are, aren't we!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Similar but un~car related thing happened to me today at work. Was on my local high st, head in a BT cab (green square box with doors lol!) and looked up to see an old boy smiling down at me. I say 'Alright chief' and he asks me if i'm putting in a new line. I say 'I am as it happens' and he says its good to see theres still work around.....someone has to earn the money to keep his pension coming!! Turns out he was a BT engineer for 40 years lol
If only ALL old timers were of such a pleasant disposition ;)

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
LuCkY said:
Similar but un~car related thing happened to me today at work. Was on my local high st, head in a BT cab (green square box with doors lol!) and looked up to see an old boy smiling down at me. I say 'Alright chief' and he asks me if i'm putting in a new line. I say 'I am as it happens' and he says its good to see theres still work around.....someone has to earn the money to keep his pension coming!! Turns out he was a BT engineer for 40 years lol
If only ALL old timers were of such a pleasant disposition ;)
I'll be drinking with a couple of ex BT enginees this evening - oldest 1 took the package a few years ago when first offered and not bothered to work sind (BT Pension + share sales) , other 1 'early retired' a year ago and he's younger than me!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Sprinter said:
I'll be drinking with a couple of ex BT enginees this evening - oldest 1 took the package a few years ago when first offered and not bothered to work sind (BT Pension + share sales) , other 1 'early retired' a year ago and he's younger than me!!!!!!!
If theyre anything like the old boys i work with they will A) Drink you under the table and B) Talk your ears off and C) Have you in stitches ;)

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
LuCkY said:
If theyre anything like the old boys i work with they will A) Drink you under the table and B) Talk your ears off and C) Have you in stitches ;)
Known them both for almost 20 years - you're absolutely right.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts