MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last time MG Rover were in this situation (March/April 2000) the company experienced a sales boom as the British public decided to support the home side.

In April 2000 the Rover 25 was the UK's top seller whilst the Rover 45 was the 5th top seller, the 75 came in at number 9.

Will it happen again ?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,560 Posts
Depends if the government can be shown to have acted with incompetiance. The situation is different this time around as BMW dumped Rover. This time the Government and to a degree, the British press all contributed to a load of negative press which resulted in a likely cliff face slump in sales this week and its all resulted in this situation tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
Well given that every Rover out there is now worth £0 - yes there's going to be a BOOM, they can only give them away now.
 

·
Registered
mg_zr
Joined
·
17 Posts
sales boom??

i hope so- i sell MGR's for a living and would love a sales boom

tonight- im gutted for everyone else that works for MGR and its suppliers and everyone on here- its a very sad day
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,551 Posts
*DLN* said:
The last time MG Rover were in this situation (March/April 2000) the company experienced a sales boom as the British public decided to support the home side.

In April 2000 the Rover 25 was the UK's top seller whilst the Rover 45 was the 5th top seller, the 75 came in at number 9.

Will it happen again ?
Let's hope so. Let's hope PWC come up with a cunning plan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see no reason why MG Sport and Racing Ltd can't continue to produce a slimmed down MG range consisiting of the TF, SV, ZT and ZT-T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
*DLN* said:
I see no reason why MG Sport and Racing Ltd can't continue to produce a slimmed down MG range consisiting of the TF, SV, ZT and ZT-T.
The problem with that is warranties on current TF and ZTs
 

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
Joined
·
1,496 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
35,551 Posts
byecklad said:
DLN - Some posts are just stupid - why oh why would there be a sales boom - the company has gone bust.

Please Sir - would you like to buy a car from a company who is in receivership with no warranty.

I can see them queueing round the block!!!

Blame P4.

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/story.jsp?story=627386
Your comments are not welcome. Some people are trying to make the best out of a grave situation. Unless you can add value to a discussion, please do not contribute.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
SteveChilds said:
Depends if the government can be shown to have acted with incompetiance. The situation is different this time around as BMW dumped Rover. This time the Government and to a degree, the British press all contributed to a load of negative press which resulted in a likely cliff face slump in sales this week and its all resulted in this situation tonight.
Steve please lets not blame the govenment or the press - this has been coming for quite a while. The P4 failed to invest in the company and tried to sell it without investing the necessary capital to make the business have the possibility of growing to a sustainable level. The worst part of it is how much money from their incompetance they have taken from a loss making business.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top