MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is the right place for this post or not, but my Rover 416 SLi is dead, and I was wondering if I could get anything for it. Scrappies would pay nothing and sell every little bit for a fortune! The engine is naffed (head gasket problem caused corrosion in the engine), the blower motor resistor unit is dead, and the LCD clock is missing a few segments but other than that all is in pretty good nick. It is an N-reg (95).

I was told that it isn't worth looking for a replacement engine as the costs would be more than the market value of the car anyway. The car is currently sitting in a garage in Westbury.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice that can be given.

Regards,

Gareth

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Rover is worth what you would have to pay for a replacemt, not what you would get for it.

Are you any good at working on cars. My 416 SLi suffered a head gasket failure and I replaced the gaskets, belts and filters all for under £100.

Its not a difficult job although with modern garage charges its expensive if you cant DIY.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I am not very good with cars. Actually I am not even in the country and my mate is looking after the car - he is even less mechanically gifted than me! The problem with the head gasket apparently caused corrosion in the engine and just replacing the head gasket would not do the job (the garage said).

I have moved away, so am not looking for a replacement car. I would just like to try to get something for the 90% of the car that is in a good condition, instead of the £0 that a scrappy would probably give. ;-) Either that or a way to get a replacement engine without losing a kidney.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts