MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!!

My 03ZR 115, Is not well it appears to be losing the nasty power steering oil from a hose around the sump. Its not the first time its had to have a power steering hose replaced but last time it was only two weeks old!
Any idea how easy it is to change?

On another note it has also run out of umph! Its done 42k miles and used to have loads of power and now it feels sluggish. have already replaced the MAF as mine failed completely some time ago which cured that problem but while on my private test track i had my foot floored in fifth for several minutes and the car simply will not go faster than 95mph (road angel speed) and it wont reach 4k rpm or go near red line (not that i drive it like this, it was just part of my testing!) any ideas.

Thanks in advance
jon.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Sounds like your maf's died again, pas fluid leaks are common, unless it's losing a lot of fluid I'd just live with it.

·
Registered
rover_45
35 Posts
I've got a power steering leak on my 45. I don't think it's the hose that runs from the reservoir to the pump, but I have just jetwashed the engine to remove all traces of oil to give me a better chance of seeing where the leak is coming from. Is it likely to be the seal on the pump, and if so, can that be replaced without the need to renew the pump?

·
Registered
rover_45
35 Posts
The pipework seems ok, but it is leaking with the engine switched off. I can't see for sure but it seems to be coming from the area of the pump. I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts