MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, now I bought some of those boot grill Stainless Steel things to cover the vent on the boot, I'm sure you all know what I mean. Talk about fitting a square peg in a round hole! There is a small space to insert the mesh but the mesh is at least twice the size!! I have tried bending them etc but still no joy!!

Any suggestions??

·
Registered
135 Posts
On the TF it was a matter of putting it in at an angle but being careful that the sticky pads don't stick to early....

If that helps at all

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,138 Posts
On the TF it was a matter of putting it in at an angle but being careful that the sticky pads don't stick to early....

If that helps at all
Yep that's pretty much it. I had great difficulty when I did mine. IIRC the right side was far more difficult that the other, but couldn't see why.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 'F' must be a little different then as I have tried all angles! But no success!! Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that!! It confirms it, that mine is completely different to yours. My gap must be 1/2 the size of yours and still have the same size to cover!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Why would you want to restrict airflow through the engine bay vents in this way?

IMO seems a bit of a pointless eBay mod to me... :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I see your point, but not a fan myself but would love to change the grilles on front, sides and rear to chrome mesh... :)

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got fed up with lots of leaves entering the engine bay via the vents. Now they just don't :)
Exactly the same for me, lots of cr*p gets down there so want to put a stop to it! Well, looks like it's more difficult than I thought!

·
Green Goddess
7,619 Posts
Ive had mine for a few months now and like them alot! I find alot of people also like them and ask where i got them from. Fitting them was a hard job (well for my OH) he had to slightly bend the mesh to mould round the vents it was difficult to fit them both lined up but he just about managed it in the end, as said before try not to stick the clips on until you are happy with the position.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts