MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zt
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just had my 120 services with Graham Edwards in New Eltham, london and he did an amazing job. Car came back to me clean and tidy with some scuff marks buffed out and trim reattached now that is service. And a real decent guy to.

HOWEVER: he discovered my loss of coolent issue. The thermostat housing. and having just spent £340 on the service and brake pads i don't really want to spend another £200 to get it fixed. So I was wondering if anyone is in my area of london who could help me fit the thermostat housing if i obtain the part?

I be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi all,

I have just had my 120 services with Graham Edwards in New Eltham, london and he did an amazing job. Car came back to me clean and tidy with some scuff marks buffed out and trim reattached now that is service. And a real decent guy to.

HOWEVER: he discovered my loss of coolent issue. The thermostat housing. and having just spent £340 on the service and brake pads i don't really want to spend another £200 to get it fixed. So I was wondering if anyone is in my area of london who could help me fit the thermostat housing if i obtain the part?

I be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance

i'm not far, i'm in new malden. i've never done one, but i could help out with tools and tea!

·
Registered
mg_zt
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm not far, i'm in new malden. i've never done one, but i could help out with tools and tea!
That would be great. I have to say i'm a complete beginner. I have changed spark plugs but nothing else. Is it something you think you could do? I'd be happy for us to have a go. Thanks again

·
Registered
mg_zt
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You may find my experience doing this helpful... Click Me

Edd
Thanks Mr Edd. Would you have tried it without Dr Dave? I have read many of your posts and your are quite hands on normally. Why did you decide to get a pro in? I'm worried if you didn't want to tackle it, then it may be a harder job than I;''m thinking.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Thanks Mr Edd. Would you have tried it without Dr Dave? I have read many of your posts and your are quite hands on normally. Why did you decide to get a pro in? I'm worried if you didn't want to tackle it, then it may be a harder job than I;''m thinking.

Unfortunatly I am not as agile as I was when I wore a younger mans clothes so some things are a bit more difficult for me now. That is why I now take my car to Terry at TS Autos.

Somethings I will still tackle but only if I break something I can drive somewhere to get it fixed.

I am a bit selective on what I will tackle now.

Edd

·
Registered
mg_zt
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunatly I am not as agile as I was when I wore a younger mans clothes so some things are a bit more difficult for me now. That is why I now take my car to Terry at TS Autos.

Somethings I will still tackle but only if I break something I can drive somewhere to get it fixed.

I am a bit selective on what I will tackle now.

Edd
and in your opinion would you advise this being done by a non pro?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
and in your opinion would you advise this being done by a non pro?

Personally I don't have the confidence to do something like this. Mind you I did replace the Inlet Manifold and I replaced the rear disc brakes a while ago. I once did a head gasket on a 6 cylinder Valiant in Oz a long time ago but I wouldn't attempt anything like that now.

If it is just an unbolt and replace with another joby, I'm okay.

It depends on how confident you feel. I am sure you will get a lot of help from here.

Edd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts