MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Nah... bought a 360 on launch day and it was too "unfinished" compared to the later revisions so ill give the XBone a skip this gen.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope, too much £££.

Did you order the "Day 1" edition? Which comes with FIFA14 free?
I got a bit lucky actually I hadn't ordered a day one, then Microsoft made that announcement, that you got FIFA 14 and I was muchos annoyed, then at the weekend Amazon emailed me to say they couldn't guarantee my release date delivery so I cancelled with amazon ordered a Day One with another company, so now getting Forza and Fifa for what I was going to pay for just The Console and Fifa so bonus.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
I'm also skipping the 'One' as I can't justify the cost of getting both a PS4 and a One. I made my choice some time ago and it's a PS4 for me this time. MS lost my confidence after half a dozen 360's failed on me.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went into this gen again with an open mind but the exclusives on the Xbox interested me way more than those on the PS4

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Out of the 2 consoles I would/will get down the line, Xbox is leading the way for me.

Playstation lost the plot shortly after the PS2.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Just pre-ordered my Xbone day one edition. :D

Shame as I couldn't get anything other than Battlefield 4 or Rising dead with it. I wanted COD Ghosts but it wouldn't be guaranteed then till Christmas eve.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts

Shame as I couldn't get anything other than Battlefield 4 or Rising dead with it. I wanted COD Ghosts but it wouldn't be guaranteed then till Christmas eve.
Battlefield is epic!!!!!!!!!!

Depends what you're after though.
For multiplayer, Battlefield is more about 'bigness' and all out warfare.
COD is more an arena game I'd say.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Im sure forza will keep me entertained plenty but im really tempted to get ryse or black flag

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Forza looks like it could be one of the best in terms of graphics and features, but I do get a little bored off with driving games.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I'm not pre ordering but I'll be paying a visit to a couple of shops on launch day and if they have one in stock I will be getting it.
Battlefield 4 look epic.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really looking forward to it, soo tempted to get Ryse as well but the wife and kids want to get it for me for christmas.

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Release day yesterday!

I actually started writing yesterday that it's "Release day today!" Also I was half way through writing which number in the cue I was for the DPD delivery man to arrive and then the knock at the door came. The laptop got pretty much thrown on the floor :lol:

So then, for those who've got them, what's your first impressions?

Initial impressions -

The transformer is HUGE, nearly half the size of the whole unit. Not impressed by that really!

Tried using it with the Tivo box connected through it and then back to the TV via the Xbone, but not really that impressed with the TV interface. I suspect it might have something to do with the Tivo box though that doesn't seem to want to talk to it with the HDMI system and doesn't allow any channel changing etc. It's all got to be done still via the Tivo remote which I thought sort of defeated the object of the exercise. Perhaps sky users might have more luck?
It does however control the TV perfectly using the voice commands, changing volume etc is fine.

Voice Commands -

Not sure if it's something which is learning in the background but like most voice recognition software, it doesn't work perfectly every time and you've got to shout at it as well. Perhaps I need some more time and calibration to get to working properly. When it does work though, the switching is instantaneous with no lag or processing whatsoever so at least they've delivered on that part.

Gesture control -

Where on earth is that then? Still not found that setting or feature.....

Graphics -

Playing on battlefield 4 yesterday and it was pretty darn good to be honest. I may be a little on the backfoot with this though as it's my first console since my sega master system :lol:
I would say it doesn't help as I've only got a 32" TV. Although it was the very top of the range Sony model at the time (about 2 years ago) and cost about £600. I found it difficult to spot out the baddies although (do you still call them that?).

Processing speed -

Absolutely top notch, it's flawless and no pausing or twitching between menus, switching between tv and games etc is instant.

Overall first day impressions -

Some of the gimmicks which were banded around by Microsoft, do seem to be indeed just that. I need more time to explore more of it though so I can't really be that critical yet.
Graphics and speed is top notch and looking forward to getting some more games etc.

Fit and finish is flawless and the controller is excellent. I suspect the batteries supplied aren't going to last long though so a rechargeable kit should have been standard out the box.

·
Registered
6,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very Very pleased with mine however wasnt pleased at it not turning up till 6:30
would rather the big external power brick than all the overheating issues the ps4s are having

1 - 20 of 33 Posts