MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've finally concluded that my Trevor Taylor F extreme exhaust is too damn loud for me! So I've refitted the original exhaust while I try to find a quieter sports exhaust. Anyone got anything they want to swap (ideally a Daytona)?

Its a TT mk 2 (ie made just over a year ago) and it'll fit a mk1 MGF with the straight catalyst. All fine except the n/s hanger needed to be welded back on.

Sound is enormous, deep, and especially good and rumbly on the overun, but I do too many motorway miles to appreciate its A and B road fine points!

Go on, you know you want it, there were only 13 or so made!

I'm in Southampton btw.

·
Registered
729 Posts
There were 14 of the mk2's made and I have one of them, it took long enough to get one though. If I didn't I would have this one.

They are a fantastic exhaust and make a great noise with lots of popping on over run. I would recomend this to anyone.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stampy - this wont fit, will it? Dont MY2K cars start with a 90 degree bend and have a sensor post cat, this has a 180 deg bend and no sensor hole, 96-99 fitment. Or is that just TFs?

Anyone with a Daytona?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I am REALLY after one of these, and this one is close enough for me. I only have the standard Trophy exhaust but would happily give you cash too, if you're interested?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Stampy - this wont fit, will it? Dont MY2K cars start with a 90 degree bend and have a sensor post cat, this has a 180 deg bend and no sensor hole, 96-99 fitment. Or is that just TFs?

Anyone with a Daytona?
Seems to fit Tony's MY2K alright ;)

And, Millteks are better than Daytonas! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stampy - TTs were made to order, so mine is for a pre 2000 F. When you ordered your Miltek was it for 2K on? What shape or P/N was it? Does anyone know if it'd fit?

Slash, Mattio - I'm ideally hoping to exchange it for a Daytona, it seems a bit cheeky to ask for enough cash to buy one new!

Pete (trying to not pee anyone off!!!!)

·
Registered
729 Posts
My car is a 1999 MY2000 and has the old type of exhaust, I think the exhaust system and cat changed during 2000 or 2001. Stampy if your car has a mk1 system it will fit. On the mk1 the cat is straight and the back box pipe has a 180 degree bend, the mk2 cat has a 90 degree bend and a sensor and the back box has a 90 degree bend.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Sorry I wouldn't have a clue from the VIN. If you can get a pic of the under side of the rear of the car showing the back box and cat I could tell you.

Do you have any pics of your Milltek before you fitted it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts