MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hi Ronnie,

Don't recognise the car from on here.

Looks quite a nice car and obviously a fan looking at the steering wheel.

May be worth asking some questions and see what the reserve is.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have emailed a few questions just the basic stuff anything particular to ZTs I should be asking (never owned one).

Thought it may have been someone on here with the steering wheel, don't know if I like the wheel though ;)

Ronnie

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
It is amazing how few Mark 1 ZT's had Cruise Control fitted as standard. There are many more Facelift ZT's, because it came bundled in the Plus Option Pack.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Current owner is the 4th owner should that be a concern? changing owners every year!!

Ronnie
On a car of this nature it is not unusual. People buy them and then find living with the fuel consumption impossible or can't afford the insurance renewal etc. A lot of sporting models such as Golf V6's, V8 cars, convertables etc. also often have frequent owner changes.

A lot of cars seem to have MGR or a dealer as 1st owner as well.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Current owner is the 4th owner should that be a concern? changing owners every year!!

Ronnie
Judging by the B prefix, it was more than likely registered by MG Rover, and could well have been a pre-registered car, or failing that an employee/company car, so I would discount the first owner.

That makes 3 owners in about 4 years, which isn't too bad in my opinion. If you are worried, ask if you could have the details of the previous owner, and give them a ring if they are listed at Directory Enquiries. That will unearth any little problems ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That seems to add up emailed the seller, only one private name on the log book thinks that a dealer had to take on the car when MG folded.

That is the original steering wheel as far as he is aware it has the stereo controls on it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went up to £5800 but didn't make reserve.

Contacted seller earlier so know what he is looking for I've just started looking so not in any great hurry to buy.

Quite a bit of interest but some obviously looking for a bargain price!

Ronnie

·
Registered
922 Posts
Non colour coded reversing sensors, hmmmmmmm, interesting.

An ex-engineering model may be?

Overall a nice car though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seller said he fitted them after he bought it!
He bought it in February I've emailed to see why he is getting rid of it so soon but could be any amount of reasons.

Would this be an easy job or could it point to something dodgy?

Ronnie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts