MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kenwood KDC-W6534U or Blaupunkt Bronx MP75 or Los Angeles MP74

I have narrowed my new head unit choice down to these 3 HU's and am having trouble deciding which to get.

I like the Kenwood because you can link a mini hard drive to the usb.

I prefer the look of the Bronx MP75 and Los Angeles but have never had a Blaupunkt before so don't know what to expect.

It is a choice between storage space for mp3's on the Kenwood with HD or style with the Blaupunkt ones.

Does anyone have any of the head units and what are your views, I can't find any decent review websites anywhere.

Cheers

·
Registered
935 Posts
kenwood everytime for me, i find blaupunkt are very bland with looks, and i just dont like them, kenwood very good features, plus the added bonus of the usb connection.

or just to throw a spanner in the works, jvc now offer a ranger of very good units with usb port located in the front facia panel.

range starts at £180 though to £299 ++

cant remeber model numbers if you are interested let know ill find out for you

however if youn defo want one of the three above, kenwood is your man

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Yeah I have seen the JVC ones and I prefer the way the look.
Only thing is I don't really want USB on the front. I prefer it on the back so I can't see it.
I am going to hook up a micro hard drive in my my glove box so no one would know it was there if get the Kenwood.

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have ordered the kenwood. it should be here by wednesday but i'v gotta wait a few days for the funds to clear on my credit card before i can get a mini hard drive to connect to it

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
you don't really need a harddrive, a CDR loads plenty of songs and it's easy to swap them with the motorized face.
the kenwood steering wheel remote is really cool too, much better than the pioneer's, it's worth getting it.

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 36gb of music and i don't want loads of cdrs all over the place in my car.

i used to have a minidisc headunit and a 10cd changer (reg cd not mp3). And i had my car filled with 100 minidiscs even though i could get 5 hours on a disc.

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
r0ver said:
you don't really need a harddrive, a CDR loads plenty of songs and it's easy to swap them with the motorized face.
the kenwood steering wheel remote is really cool too, much better than the pioneer's, it's worth getting it.
my 216 has a rover steering wheel remote which should work with this, but i may get a kenwood remote later

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
can you change/navigate folders and access the HU's settings with the standard steering wheel controls?

·
Registered
rover_45
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not with the standard rpver one. it only has volume and track up and down on it.

hopefully you can with the kenwood steering remote but that will have to wait a few weeks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts