MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a look in the gallery but wheel sizes are not mentioned just wanna see wot 17s look like on a rover 75 (see if i need 17s or 18s)

if any one could point me to a link or photo would be much appricated

thank you :)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hi, I have had a few private messages about these wheels, so will post what I replyed with.

Hi, I got the wheels off e-bay and can highly recommend the seller,I think they took about four days to arrive from Scotland I think they cost
£480 all in with tyres and balance not bad for brand new wheels.

Anyway!!! I was very worried before buying these wheels because my wife has a back injury and is very sensitive to a poor quality ride, Also respected members advised me against as they thought it would ruin the smooth ride. finally took the plunge for 18"s on her advice and we haven't regreted it for a second, car looks fantastic (gets lots of admiring looks, all work collegues are jealous) and the ride quality is exactly the same (super smooth) the handling has improved vastly as well.
As I have mentioned on other topics I had Hydraulic Citroens before the Rover and there smooth ride is world famous, but I have to admit the Rover beats it hands down.
GO FOR IT YOU WON't REGRET IT........Also 18" tyres
aren't a huge amount more than 17"
Jaguar enthusiast workmate agrees it has better ride than his 6 previous jags!!!
PM again if you would like e-bay shop site he always has a few sets of these wheels on, (I might add I have no connection to these people)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for that. I know the people you are talking about and was thinking of them as a source whilst I was looking at your photo. They are in Ayr and have good feedback and your reccommendation kind of seals it.

I had been looking for ages for 17" rims but never saw any styles that I thought really suited the car - apart from MG wheels that is and your photo has now convinced me.

It is hard to get wheels with the right offsets to suit Rovers - what better than the manufacturer!

·
Registered
29 Posts
18 inch Grid Alloys

Hi All.
I have fitted 18 inch grid alloys on my 75 cdt conn se.
the ride is still good and they look great . got them off ebay £280 with 4 good tyres I would post a pic but I cant post attachments!
what a difference from the 15 inch crown alloys!

·
Registered
mg_tf
2,364 Posts
hi paranoid just wanted to ask, how long ago did you buy them just looked at his e-bay sale and they are alot more nowalso what size tyre did you go for

1 - 20 of 27 Posts