MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a 200 as a second car as I'm starting to really like it. Where I live, they're rare cars which is good, but it also has a bad side to it: there's no way I can get a zr bumper and those aftermaket lights.
so I'd like to see if someone here managed to make a 200 look real good without the ZR bumper...

please show me a rear view if possible. :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hey Tad, to be honest they look good with the ZR bumper. You could also try to get a 25 bumper, it doesn't come with the ZR moldings on it.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they look good with the ZR bumper, much better than the original.

But there's no way I can get my hands on a zr bumper, nor the latest 25 bumper, they're impossible to find at local scrappies.

BTW, I'm talking about the rear bumper :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I think their cheeper than an aftermarket styled one. I haven't one on my 200, but I would get one.

Are you gonna modify the 200 when you get it?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's looking good, nice car there buddy!

pneuromancer, yes of course, spraying and alloys are priority.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Here is mine, just the standard one but with the horrid chrome strips sprayed.

In all honesty tho, the MK1 ZR bumper is the best looking bumper there is for 200's, 25's, ZR's etc imo. I would get one if i had the money.

·
Registered
379 Posts
why not have a look on ebay for a rear bumper.... theres a few knocking about on there at the moment. Some spreyd aswell so might be lucky n get the same colour.

Im loving the back end of the new ZR's and 25's! That boot is so sexy. Thinking of getting the bumper off one of those so i can smooth my boot cos theres nowhere else to put the number plate.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i repeat it for the 56th time :), it's not about money it's just that I'm not in the UK. rovers are very rare here and cant get anything on ebay.

Matt, I saw your car tons of times before, never noticed it's the standard bumper!
weird how different it looks just by spraying the ugly chrome...

nice!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I noticed that the main difference between the ZR and the 200 bumpers is basically just that kind of splitter that makes the bumper look bigger, isnt it sold separetly?

G

·
Tad - have you checked out how much it would cost to get one shipped to where you are? Surface shipping may be cheap enough as long as you are not in a hurry. They are not very heavy, after all.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,052 Posts
Tad said:
I noticed that the main difference between the ZR and the 200 bumpers is basically just that kind of splitter that makes the bumper look bigger, isnt it sold separetly?
Er, the early ZR bumpers were 2 piece, the later ones had an all in one bumper. Plus it wont be a direct fit to the 200's bumper. I did see a 200 on ebay that did have it done though.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
richard, I really live very very far from the UK and I have to pay a crazy import tax on anything that gets shipped to me.

Golf and Civic cars for example are very easy to mod here, but rovers are not, I have to do custom mods based on the stock parts.

G

·
Tad said:
richard, I really live very very far from the UK and I have to pay a crazy import tax on anything that gets shipped to me.

Golf and Civic cars for example are very easy to mod here, but rovers are not, I have to do custom mods based on the stock parts.
Fair enough. It's amazing how many people don't check, though. I find that it is cheaper for me to buy American car parts from the USA over the internet and pay shipping than to buy locally.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not american! I'm french living abroad in a sunny place for over 15 years now :)
I use american english because I do buiness with americans a lot, that's why.

the good thing about living here is that services are very cheap, I got my car plastics sprayed (bumpers included) when I bough the car for only 40GBP.

I almost dumped my rover for a honda accord or a civic not too long ago because they're much more popular around here, but then I thought I'd keep my 400 a little longer as long as it doesnt require expensive rover parts.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts