MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just sheared the n/s anti roll bar link assembly, any advice on changing this part would be most appreiciated. typical, bank holiday weekend, won't be able to get replacement until Tuesday, no touring for us this w/end!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
My OSF anti-roll link went shortly after I got my 'F.

It can be a faffy job with the stresses involved, but its pretty easy if you use a jack to manouver the bar into the right position and then just bolt it back up.

Also.... the link bolts are two ended so it can be a real pain to get them free if they're nice and rusted up (Exhaust pipe style), so make sure you have two good fitting sockets...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bad luck Norman. Front or rear?
Front near side, bolts are seized up, apart from getting a blow torch to free up, Im struggling to remove lower retaining bolt. may have to get it to a garage, as I have limited equipment to remove it, any suggestions?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Where are you based? I'm in Measham.

I have some bolts left over from changing my F to mike satur drop links and some old drop links. The old bolts should drill / grind off, or use a nut splitter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I've arranged with mate in garage to get it up on ramps, he'll get it off with either nut spliter of grinder, Im able to get a high tensile bolt, as I am a sales rep for engineering products, so will call in one of my customers and blag a bolt or 2,
P.s nice looking motor, mines a silver 1998 VVC low mileage 43K, full leather, walnut trim, as yet all std. no photos posted to date.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts