MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time of year again where ive buggered off to newcastle to see Si for a week.
It's been a much more relaxed affair than usual i must say but i have still managed to fit in just a few jobs onto hte motor.
The list of jobs done:-
- Full machine polish by Andburg (cheers buddy, still looks mint.)
- New Wiper Motor, the previous unit had a dodgy delay on intermittent setting. Caused by the wiper motor relay, but as they are a sealed unit it needed replacing.
- New roof seals. one of them flew off at speed on the dual carriageway. A new set was sourced.
- New Solid Gear linkage, the old joint was chopped off and replaced by a steering rack universal joint. Its made the gear shift so much tighter and more positive. (so much fun :p)
- Reapired FM transmitter. Ipod is finally working again but for how long!!! haha
- Rebuilt/moulded boost gague pod. Reshaped due to it sitting way too flat. built it out with bodge, finished with knifing putty. Sprayed satin black.
- Repainted Fog surrounds. Investingating a small crack on one the paint started flaking so it was pulled off and then the covers we re-sprayed with a higher grade primer to sto lifting.
- Painted side spat end plates. As the end plates had chipped i painted them with black hammerite.

And on top of that list did the following other jobs on other cars.
Replaced the PS pump on a pug 406 hdi
Prepped/primmered side strips and plastics from a focus.

ermmmm thats about it.
Pics to follow later this evening.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get some pics of the pod boss!

Sounds top notch though.

What's this a bout quock shift though, you made you're own?
yeah si originally did me a quickshift a few months back and its now even better as the other end of the linkage has been worked on ;)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Blimey, no chance of that UJ coming off is there? Wouldn't like to lose me gears when I'm in thrashing mode.:err:

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blimey, no chance of that UJ coming off is there? Wouldn't like to lose me gears when I'm in thrashing mode.:err:
si's words exactly ''not when i nearly bent me halfords pro spanner on it, not to mention the studlock

so im guessing not, plus he has been running one now for close to a year with no problems :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
si's words exactly ''not when i nearly bent me halfords pro spanner on it, not to mention the studlock

so im guessing not, plus he has been running one now for close to a year with no problems :)
Could you not just put a small bolt (drill first obviously) through the linkage rod and the UJ just for that extra security? Just worries me that it'll pull off with wear and tear.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
Could you not just put a small bolt (drill first obviously) through the linkage rod and the UJ just for that extra security? Just worries me that it'll pull off with wear and tear.
got no chance mate, lik ei say i aint ever had any troubles with my linkage and ask anyone that knows me about how hard alife it's had hehe

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Ooohhhhh!

Dunno which one's nicer, tempted to say Ricc's as it's Derv ;).

I wanna quickshift, can't you just cut the top of the gear stick and weld to bottom?

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
ref the quichshift you need to alter the leverage and travel, remove the stich and cut it belov the pivot ball, add a 20mm section in and weld back up, one short shifter ;)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
no mate :) tis just the outers..... altho..... my internal plastics dont fit the rubbers.... so yeah! ahha :)

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
if you wanted people to love your car off you only need post a pic and everyone qwould reply..... :p still cause mines a 5 door and a diesel no one is interested! hahahahah
Nowt wrong with a 5 door Riccy, looks just as good as any 3 door. Infact depending on how the car is modded some 5 doors look better than 3 doors because of the lines.

My old 1.4:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Infact depending on how the car is modded some 5 doors look better than 3 doors because of the lines.

bull**** cough lol, 5 doors can look nice but a nice 3 door is better, but anyway... what sideskirts are they you have?...

both ricc and ashy...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts