MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I (as some of you know) have the dark blue BAS glass hood.. can you get a dark blue tonneau cover..

I have seen a blue one on fleabay but it was a quite bright blue also trophy blue colour...

any ideas?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Try the MGF Centre, IIRC they do one in dark blue (its mohair though, not leather effect like the normal ones).
The other option is a leather one from Mike Satur, but it wont be cheap.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Try Newton Commercial (www.newtoncomm.co.uk) I bought my windstop from them. Worth a try as they have so many different colour choices in leather. I managed to get my windstop made up in light stone beige. They're based in Suffolk but I'm sure they'll post out. Have a look at the website for more info.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I imagine they would cause I bit more wind resistance with the hood down, but I can't say it's affected performance. Might just affect fuel consumption slightly (but can't say I've noticed).

BTW is you give Newton Comm a ring, they might be able to help you out with other colours that aren't on the website's lists.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
I can recommend the MGFC's mohair one, I have a black one and the finish is excellent, nearly a year old (bought at last years MG Silverstone doo), and still looking as good as new.

·
Registered
17,819 Posts
scuzza said:
Hi Emma - do you think the windstops gives you a lag - ie. makes it slower than without ?

IMHO it is quite the opposite, as it would reduce turbulant airflow going forwards against the windscreen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts