MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it is in now. I'm so scared. Pretty sure it will fail on something. No idea what. Probably the flaming handbrake - again.

Wish me luck. It should be back soon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have you run through an MOT check list yourself...find it always helps and has saved me time and money in the past. Most things tested on the MOT are simple enough to sort out!?

Chris

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

headlight, he said the way the beam fell was all weird, with a line accross it - anyone got any suggestions? Bulb already replaced but dont know if that fixed it.

new back caliper needed, again (other side this time)

With lights on back lights dim (both sides) when i indicate, only slightly, but a fail all the same.

wipers and reg plates. nightmare.

All easily sortable i suppose, just a litlle worried about the headlight and the dimming rear lights. hopefully bad earth so off out to find that later.

Also cat is completely knackered, but it passed emissions anyway so that isnt a problem.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bum. Mine failed last year - Pirelli P7000s cracked all the way around the inner rim.

I'm expecting mine to fail on one of the rear calipers. Handbrake ceased a couple of weeks ago, it's been freed off now, and it may scrape a pass, but I'm not counting my chickens.

Dunno about the headlight - sounds weird. Bulbs changed, so that only really leaves the reflector as the source of your problem. Only way to check is to take the headlight out and have a look. Rob Bell has some good destructions.

As you say, the lights dimming with be a bad earth somewhere. Can be a pain in the ass to find though.

They're getting hotter on the reg plates. I got a ticking off last year, but he let it through. I've put the legal one back on now - it's not worth the grief IMO.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts