1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so who's opening the triade of inuendos with this one then....?:eyes:

Well first of all I had the standard fisher-price knobs:

Then I fitted Mike Satur polished alloy knobage:

OK so not to everyones taste, but I like them and they match my bright pack! However, they are harder to work out what setting you have in the dark, so I hacked out some of the heater trim vinyl (have to take the whole unit apart to do this). The result is below, taken in the garage with the door shut using a Canon 1DS with a 28-300mm macro lens from behind the car 2.5m away, with no exposure compensation at a shutter speed of 40th sec.

The red bit of the heater temp dial does show up, but its not very clear in the photo. The blue is a darker blue than in the photo, as its washed out a bit!

Whadya think?:bgrin2:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
iaross said:
OK so who's opening the triade of inuendos with this one then....?:eyes:

Well first of all I had the standard fisher-price knobs:

Then I fitted Mike Satur polished alloy knobage:

OK so not to everyones taste, but I like them and they match my bright pack! However, they are harder to work out what setting you have in the dark, so I hacked out some of the heater trim vinyl (have to take the whole unit apart to do this). The result is below, taken in the garage with the door shut using a Canon 1DS with a 28-300mm macro lens from behind the car 2.5m away, with no exposure compensation at a shutter speed of 40th sec.

The red bit of the heater temp dial does show up, but its not very clear in the photo. The blue is a darker blue than in the photo, as its washed out a bit!

Whadya think?:bgrin2:
I think you know too much about cameras!!!!

Knobs look good though!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
James C said:
I love the blue backlighting, but I'm not that much a fan of Mike's knobs :shake:
If you see them up close and personal they blow the FP ones away! I wasn't sure, but took the gamble. Glad I did now.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It could be done in any colour. I am currently working on a how to. I need to take the car to bits again to get some decent pictures.

Keep checking my website. I'll upload it there first, and post a link later.

As Chris says LEDs come in limited colours. How about RED Colin? I have some new style oil temp and clock guages (silver backlit ones) I will change the lighting to Red (For my howto) and could do a straight swap for your orange ones?

I will photo Krisxf's lighting change when he comes over for it. There will also be a boost your bass howto as a result since he is upgrading my sound system while I do his lighting!!

Iain

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now that's co-operation!

Red sounds good, but will you stop beating me to my ideas. Went shopping around yesterday to see how to upgrade the sound system. Everything I looked at I would need a trailer on the F to carry.

Colin

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hi Colin,

After "solving" your little missing cubby box part problem on the other forum, maybe I should attempt to help you with this also? ;)

Send me your e-mail address to [email protected] and I'll send you a complete list of possible bass enhancements for your F if this helps.

This is the best option if you're happy with your current speaker set-up, but if not, then I can also give you a complete list of compatible component speakers for the front doors and 6x4's for the rear T-bar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts