MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced the battery on my Rover 416 XLi V Plate 1999, key fob. According to the instructions I have to resynch the keyfob to the car by pressing the lock button at least four times, after unlocking the door with the key first. The key fob is a Lucas 3TXB. It does not appear to have worked. Any further suggstions.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutly nothing. I do have a second Key Fob and that is behaving normally, although I do suspect the battery needs replacing on that as well, I want to get this one working first before I change the battery in the second one.

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It would appear fully charged. I have had no problem starting it. I do intend to change it as it is 7 years old. Which poses another question. I know the Radio Code will need to be rentered, I do have the code for that, but what about the immobilisor? I need to get this key fob working before I disconnect the battery. As I said the second fob is working. In the manual it says to observe polarity. Which makes sense. However they say place the battery in with the positive side up. AHH but which ways is up. To replace the battery the key fob is actually upside down, and positive up, would be away from the buttons. I have just checked and there are two clear + signs so I am putting in the battery the right way. the I am loathed to take the 2nd fob apart, in case that fails as well, and then I am left with only the Emergency Key Access. Just found a spare watch battery that is the correct part. Fitted that and checked out one I bought. Both appear fine. If shove comes to push and I change out the battery on the 2nd one, and that fails aswell. Is it possible for a Auto Electrics firm to re programme everything and give me two new fobs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts