MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come... the ZS180 has been traded in. I'll still be scooting around Livi for the next few weeks in it... after which I pick up my Fiesta ST.

Bit of a strange change... but hey... 6yrs with 6 different MGR products, I fancied something different. I don't need a car the size of a ZT/ZS anymore as the biggest thing the kids pack now when travelling is a PSP each.

So, if you see a Performance Blue Fiesta ST with white stripes around Livi (or the yellow Elise) it might be me.

On a side note, if anyone is looking for a MkII 54-plate 5dr ZS180 with 30K on the clock... gimme a shout. An offer close to £6K will likely steal it away from Ford as a trade-in.

I guess I'll still hover around these boards now and again... been here since 2002... and I'll still likely be doing the occasional Dreadnought tracknight, so might bump in to 1 or 2 of you. On that note, there is a tracknight tonight... so I better get off and polish my helmet !!

Peace, Out... Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Got a call today to say the ST is at the dealers ready & waiting for me to pick up. It's stale mate just now though because I'm still waiting on the V5 document from DVLA after taking the private plate off the ZS, so am not ready to trade-in until it comes.... bu66er... c'mon Swansea !!

Also... I'm now wondering if I should have held off and waited for my preferred colour combination of white with blue stripes. That was my original 1st choice, but a blue with white stripes became available with full leather for cheaper as it was a pre-reg.

Verdict?:

or

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally prefer the White, but thats probably not what you want to hear right now :(
I think I do too... but the leather was a £750 option and I would have also needed to pay £200 for the stripes... the blue one is coming with all that and for cheaper. But... I still think I prefer the white ... :(

Do you think they would be angry if I called them to say I'd changed my mind.. lol.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
I think I do too... but the leather was a £750 option and I would have also needed to pay £200 for the stripes... the blue one is coming with all that and for cheaper. But... I still think I prefer the white ... :(

Do you think they would be angry if I called them to say I'd changed my mind.. lol.
I think as long as they get a sale out of it, they'll still be happy.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V5 arrived this morning... so, pick the ST up tomorrow.

Went down for a look at it this morning and the blue does look pretty good in the flesh with the full stripes. Could do with being a touch lower, to fill the wheel arches though. There was a white one round the back but with side stripes only... the white definitely needs the full war paint IMO.

The leather seats are heated too ... mmm warm ass.

Roll on tomorrow lunch time...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts