MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right.

I'l try and make this short. News from Longbridge is grim at the moment, but we are now starting to get some deserters within our ranks, like rats from a sinking (Viking) ship. Those people will remain un named, but you know who you are.

So here is the deal, if MG-R do go under within the next month, fair enough, you win. Go buy a new Peugeot on my name.

However...

If MG-R go manage to claw a deal out of this and solve their components problems, you are to cancel your membership on these forums with immediate effect. This isn't an order, more an act of your concience.

This is a place for your enthusiasts, and from what I have just been reading, you are not fit to bear that name. This also include the likes of the ever vindictive Andy_Leeds and his little band of trolls. Whom I think we can all agree, won't be missed in the slightest.

Can I get any backing here?

Regards.

Bazzer_McBead.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I said, no names will be mentioned.

My idea of a deserter is some who stares in the eyes of defeat (in this case MG-R going out of business) and runs for the hills, like we are already seeing on this forum. I for one will not be one of them.

I will accept that MG-R is dead when they stop selling cars and when Longbridge is a housing estate, not until.

You will not hear the remark "its Game Over" from me just yet.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Totally back you on that one Baz :)

Schtopper - What Baz said, someone who is desserting the ship, and who is more concerned about their 3 year warranty and what car they're going to get next.

G

·
My MG is parked onthe drive for all to see. Im more conerned about the company rather than my remaing 2year warranty

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Precisly. Tomorrow I will wear my MG-Rover jacket with pride, I'll drive my 75 with pride. The last thing on my mind is the Warranty!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Seems a bit daft to me, i think people should be allowed to feel negative if they want to. There's clearly a varying degree of enthusiast, ranging from those died in the wools enthusiasts that consider MGR part of their own family and those who like their cars, enjoy driving them, like the idea of owning a true Birtish car but at the end of the day it's just a car.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
These people are what I call pessemistic realists.

They see the bad side to everything.

I believe that Rover will survive this, infact I count on it. And thats not someone with his head stuck up is own derrier, that is someone who can see the brightside of the situation, the silver lining and the light at the end of the tunnel all at the same time.

Sod me there is so much light going in my eyes im putting me sunnies on!!!

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its not just that although I do agree with your view points. Its all these people attacking loyal forum members just because they still have a glimmer of hope in the Company.

All of a sudden, the doom and gloomers are starting to crawl out of the woodwork. Its up to the loyal Entusiasts and the real ones at that, to hammer them back into opace as far as I can see, thus my reasoning in making this thread.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
I'm still waiting for someone to start a post saying 'Look how much my new car has depreciated, blah blah blah, how am I supposed to sell it now' and then see the reaction.

Personally I have no plans on worrying about the resale value of my car and, even if MGR did go under, would still love to get my hands on a new 45/ZS or 75/ZT when funds permit it.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Schtopper said:
Seems a bit daft to me, i think people should be allowed to feel negative if they want to.
Of Course, no one is stopping you. Its just we don't really want to hear it. If you have negative viewpoint, post it up on a Multi Brand Forum, its not welcome here...

Schtopper said:
it's just a car.
True, but that doesn't stop someone from gtting emotionally attached and involved with its goings on...

·
Registered
803 Posts
If we didn't already have a ZT and a ZR, we'd be ordering an MG or Rover this afternoon! If anyone is thinking of buying a new MG or Rover, go and see your dealer, soon. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
A deserter isn't someone who has bought an MG Rover product. Someone who hasn't supported the company financially can't even call themselves an enthusiast with the future of the company at heart.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Schtopper if youre bothered about your warranty more than your car why didnt you buy a hyundai which is 5 years warranty. No matter what ill be staying board on the viking ship.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Yep, I'll go down with the Viking ship if (big big big IF) the gates shut tomorrow.

But MGR just wouldn't close shop, this is a tiny thing thats happening, sensationalised by the media,compared to some of the crap Rover & MG has gone through before.

·
Registered
783 Posts
MGZRohno said:
A deserter isn't someone who has bought an MG Rover product. Someone who hasn't supported the company financially can't even call themselves an enthusiast with the future of the company at heart.
What about people who have chosen MG as their next car of choice, put their money on the line and have not yet had the opportunity to become enthusiastic?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Of Course, no one is stopping you. Its just we don't really want to hear it. If you have negative viewpoint, post it up on a Multi Brand Forum, its not welcome here...
Sorry but this is a free forum, of course it's a public forum and available for anyone to read and as such there are, as there should be, rules but beyond that people should be allowed to state there opinions with equal oportunity as anyone else. YOU have on direct right to dictate what someone should or shouldn't be posting, in fact the only person that really can do that is Steve as he owns the site.
I'm not defending those that post negative comments, nor those that post positive comments i'm merely pointing out that people should be allowed to say what they within the constraints of the forum rules. Those slagging off other members should be penalised but other than that it's just a discussion surely.
Schtopper if youre bothered about your warranty more than your car why didnt you buy a hyundai which is 5 years warranty. No matter what ill be staying board on the viking ship.
lol Why didn't I buy a hyundai? There's no hyundais i liked at the time, obvious surely?
And of course your right, with an 02 plate ZS i'm terrified about my warranty :eyes:

·
Registered
783 Posts
I am getting the car. An after-market warranty will suffice if all goes tits up. All I'm saying is that people who want an MG but have not yet picked it up have not yet had the opportunity to become as enthusiastic as some of you guys...

·
Banned
166 Posts
Enthusiasm

Mr McBead, you are entitled to be as enthusisatic as you like. That's what one would expect of a student aged 17 with his whole life ahead of him.

However, please do not insult the realists like myself and others for stating what is now glaringly obvious about MGR.

I'm not here as a troll. Do you ever look at any other automotive forums? This one is completely out of step with public opinion expressed on virtually every other forum.

When you want to express your negative opinion about any other successful motor manufacturer, then that's just fine. When I want to do it about unsuccessful MGR then it's not acceptable. When I was at university many years ago, students marched for freedom of speech. Remember Tiannamen Square? Now you want to stifle it.

If people are deserting, it's probably because they are embarrassed. Some of the posts that they have made in the past about how the SAIC deal had been signed last year and was just awaiting Chinese government approval; or how marvellous MGR are; or how popular their cars are; or how they are going to succeed; or how their new models will be the best in the world will look totally ridiculous if as seems likely they go bust this week or next.

Even Mr Howe and his colleagues are realistic which is why they have allegedly put PWC on notice as the insolvency practitioners that would be appointed.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts