MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if any car has this feature, but what about a button that you press when parking, and it will angle the mirrors down so u can see your wheels in relation to the curb

·
Registered
672 Posts
not quite the same but in my zr the mirror adjustment switch is a circular left for left etc then push it around to move the mirror thingie, maybe won't reach that far down but i use it when reversing into car park spaces to see the lines (when the other car isn't parked right on them)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use mine in the down position while looking at white parking lines sometimes as well

but other marques got there first, oh well

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I believe the new Discovery comes with this, if not as standard, then certainly as an option.

It wouldn't pay MGR to introduce something like this on their current cars, but any new cars they bring out together with SAIC should have well thought out features so that they can compete from the outset.

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Some of the export models have folding mirrors so they might have something like that already. I think you could make a box that you could connect to the revers lights to control the mirror. Sounds very technical but to somebody in that job it would be very easy.

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
A good idea, for sure - and probably fairly cheap.

MGR need this kind of "surprise and delight" stuff to add kudos to the new car, along with the switchable fascia colours the new Mustang has. Cheap to do but very very cool.

Citroen afterall are getting away with selling the new c4 on the premise "alive with technology" when in fact the car is no more than a PUG 307 with a vibrating seat and crude van like suspension in the rear - but they will get away with it.

You could put leaf springs back in a car but if it had a switcheable fascia colour button people wouldnt give a sh*t.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The RRover has had this feature since the mid nineties on the 4.6 HSE. The second you engage reverse the mirrors automatically go downwards. I agree that this stuff should come in future Rovers but only if they can manage to make it work reliably + it should only be on top spec models. All should have electric mirrors though

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I know of a Seat Toledo owner who says his car has this feature too. However I think his car was the top of the range V5, they may not all have this.

It would be a very useful feature and would help to prevent kerbing the alloys when street parking.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts