MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again folks,

As per my other post.
I now have the roof mount screen and have an electrical question.
The cable that houses the video and power cables is only long enough to reach across the roof lining and down to the floor, no further. I intend to mount a DVD player under the passenger seat, so my question is, could i take power for the screen and dvd player from the electric seats..ie.. scotch lock the power wires to the positive wire to the electric seat ?

another question..
I'll have to take the audio out from the dvd player i intend to use.. whats the easiest way to get the audio to play thru the car stereo ? or do i have to use additional speakers ?

As ever id appreciate your help

Steve

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hello again folks,

As per my other post.
I now have the roof mount screen and have an electrical question.
The cable that houses the video and power cables is only long enough to reach across the roof lining and down to the floor, no further. I intend to mount a DVD player under the passenger seat, so my question is, could i take power for the screen and dvd player from the electric seats..ie.. scotch lock the power wires to the positive wire to the electric seat ?

another question..
I'll have to take the audio out from the dvd player i intend to use.. whats the easiest way to get the audio to play thru the car stereo ? or do i have to use additional speakers ?

As ever id appreciate your help

Steve
Hi Steve

Scotchloks-did someone swear!These things are a bad idea as the contact area the the "blade" makes is very small and hence makes a poor connection-solder and heat shrink every time.As for power it is best not to "pinch" a feed from another piece of equipment if possible.12v socket in armrest cubby? As for the sound I am assuming the dvd player is line out only-i.e. no volume or tone control or means of amplification.If this is the case it will need to be connected to the head unit if there is a "line in" facility (should say in manual)Hope this helps

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, just been digging around to find a location for the DVD player and some power.
I think i've found the perfect place, the dvd player fits perfectly into the rear arm rest, so i could run the cable across the headlining and into the boot then into the rear of the armrest. Power is still my issue.
I have a towbar fitted and found a 12v feed direct from the fuse box to the towbar relay, could i tap into this ? My knowledge of electrics is very limited as you can see.
I'm planning on converting the rca left and right to a 3.5mm jack socket and use an fm transmitter for sound thru the stereo.
I hope that makes sense, i'm planning on having a go at this over the weekend so want to get it sorted in my head now if i can.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts