MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just wondered how you get to the front indicators. My bulbs gone and no matter how hard I try I can not seem to work it out.

Cheers

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i aasume u mean the bulb in the main headlamp area and not the indicator bulb on the side of the car.

hopefully someone may come along with a pic or two. but lift the bonnet. behind where the indicaotr is situated is a black plastic cover which should be released in a bayonet style IIRC. the hardest part is the complete lack of space. i had to unbolt the battery and wiggle it a bit out of the way. maybe enrolling the help of someone with tiny hands may make it easier.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MGF indicator

The indicator is situated in the bumper, not in the main housing unit. That's why I can't acces it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
You basically prise the indicator unit out with a flat bladed screwdriver or something similar, taking care not to break the clips (one at each end) that hold it in. IIRC one end of the unit has a flat end (think its the 'outer' end) where you are supposed to lever it.

·
Registered
mgf
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep

Yep, have gone out and seen that. I'm sure it wasn't there earlier! Cheers guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts