MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched previous and come up with no real answers.

I have spent an hour trying to get a wire through the large wiring grommet next to the fusebox, beside the point where the washer line runs into the car with no luck, no matter how I try it wont go through.

Removing the grommet the wiring appears to kick off at 90degrees so I see no way of passing anything along this route.

Can anyone suggest a simpler route without having to remove half the dash to get to it.

I normally see wires passed though holes drilled in the footwell. Tapping reveals a single skin at the base of the passenger well next to a length of stud sticking out of the underside.

Is this point feasible?

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it the petrol way and fed it through behind the header tank. Much easier and looks neater.

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dunno if its an acknowledged method but removing the header tank on the drivers side reveals a nice big grommet passing wires to behind the dash. A quick poke with the ever usefull coathanger and wires passed through easily.

I certainly would not recommend the grommet behind the glovebox as this is considerably more fiddly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The one behind the header tank is the one myself and a few mates have used,its a lot easier and as you said looks a lot neater.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did it

I have a ZS Diesel, and i managed to get a 4 Gauge wire through by removing the fuse box and forcing it through... I lost the top layer of my hands when i did it though lol! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts