MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally revealed at ASI AMD tuning in West Thurrock are to run the MG's for 2018 drivers yet to be announced for them.

I think this could be good or at least I hope so and we could see some better results this year.

I think the whole BMR/888 tie up was too much and Warren on!y wanted the extra TBL's and all the development work went into the Scoobies and the MG's were never meant to be a major part of it all.

Hopefully if AMD can get a couple of decent drivers and do some testing and development work they could be winning races with the MG's again this year.

Driver retention has also been a big problem in the MG/888 team.

Whether this is purely to fulfill the contract MG signed with 888 for the last year or whether we might just see the new 6 next year released here and in the BTCC or whether it will be the last year MG compete in the BTCC.

http://www.btcc.net/2018/01/11/amdtuning-com-expands-btcc-programme-with-mg-deal/

·
Registered
11,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Confirmed that the MG'S are being run as an independent this year, no backing from MG, I wonder why they have just dropped out completely since the cars have been taken over by AMD tuning.

Seems a shame when they publicly announced a 3 year deal. For 2016 through to and including 2018.

Probably because of the whole 888/BMR situation I think there is more there than we know about.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I would say they have pulled out due to the fact of the poor sales, I would think that they hoped running in BTCC would help but let's be honest the MG6 needed a Rover badge :dung:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts