MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Where is the sensor located?
And can I get a replacement still?

Rover 45 TD 2001 so manual Air conditioning.

Thanks

Neil :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Yes AC is not working now at all, previously it was working intermittently when the weather was warm. So it would work in the afternoon after the car sat in the sun all morning.
Compressor ok, gas checked, relay replaced, cabin switch ok.
The garage I am using diagnosed the problem is with the Ambient temperature sensor, which I gather may be mounted somewhere near front bumper. They said that Rimmer's doesn't have them in stock. I can't find it listed anywhere to check on this!

Help!

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
Ok, but what boders me is that you said you have manual AC. In case of manual AC you do not have Ambient temperature sensor. This sensor you have in case of automatic AC (ATC).
In case of manual AC you have only evaporator sensor.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, this is why I am asking here! I was really suspicious of their claims, as I knew I don't have a temperature sensor other than the MAF.
I replaced the evaporator sensor with another (used but lets give it a try) and no joy. The compressor clutch doesn't work at all now, this is since it was in that garage! So goodness knows what they fiddled with.

Is there a control box somewhere? I assume that it doesn't go through the MFU. I'm wondering if there is a dry solder joint somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts