MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 MG 6 1.8 TSE. During the heatwave a couple weeks back I booked an air con service at a garage. Before I did this, my air con did get cold, but it was never ice cold and sometimes took a while to get cold. My thought was that it just needed a regas, hence the service. I paid £70 for the service and they told me that in fact the compressor has gone. Since I've had the car back, the air con doesn't get cold at all, and the longer you leave it on, the hotter it gets. How would a simple regas cause the air coming out to get hotter? Also they said I needed a new bottom arm on the Offside Front. They said this would cost £400 and something with fitting and labour but then they said it will actually cost £570 because they'll need to do an alignment as well. That seems a bit steep to me. And the whole air con situation is odd too. Any idea what's going on with it? Are they ripping me off so I have to pay more or is it that normal for this car?

Thanks

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
6,031 Posts
If they find a leak in the system, they empty the system of gas as it’s damaging to the o zone. They probably did this. I had similar with a previous car, which was the end of a/c for it as the amount it was needed was not worth the repair cost. You could try a couple more quotes for a/c repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts