MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can an X-PART dealer or any old Garage check to see if the Alternator is faulty on a Rover 75/Late 04 model ??

Thanks

TC

·
Registered
197 Posts
Any garage should be able to diagnose it for u, its not a hard job.
Need to check battery state and charge output from alternator.
I assume ur having problem with flat battery/poor starting?

Regards,
Neil

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any garage should be able to diagnose it for u, its not a hard job.
Need to check battery state and charge output from alternator.
I assume ur having problem with flat battery/poor starting?

Regards,
Neil

No not that, fitted new battery two weeks a go, driving home long run,mesage dispaly 'Fault Charge' and Red Battery lights stayed on all of journey, next day no Warning no light ??? X-Part centre say could be intermitant Alternator fault but did not do any checks ??

Thoughts

TC

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I had the same problem as you! I bought a new battery, for a week or so, the warning didnt come up, then it started to appear again! Touchwood! it hasnt happened for a while though! I searched a bit , and apparently its a pretty regularish! fault!- happening more in the winter months (as you use more power eg heaters heated seats etc!) in the colder months!
( I know its not winter now! but mine was showing the same fault a few weeks back! but as I say its been ok for a while now!).

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same problem as you! I bought a new battery, for a week or so, the warning didnt come up, then it started to appear again! Touchwood! it hasnt happened for a while though! I searched a bit , and apparently its a pretty regularish! fault!- happening more in the winter months (as you use more power eg heaters heated seats etc!) in the colder months!
( I know its not winter now! but mine was showing the same fault a few weeks back! but as I say its been ok for a while now!).

Strange..Im now getting a bulb fault, tells me Sidelight but there is no failure, I guess I have gremlins at work :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I have also been getting a "braake fault", warning, for a few weeks now! (not all the time! just occasionally!), and guess what? yup! brakes are fine, fluid etc fine!
And! I have also once (maybe twice!), had a bulb failure fault, with all bulbs working perfectly!
I have no idea what the problem is, but I have "tried!" to stop worrying about it! lol!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts