MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ive asked this question before about wobbly steering on my rover 25 i tried 2 exactly same wheels on front it cured the problem put mine back on problem is still there wot id like to no is it the alloys or tyres just dont want to lay money out and not knowing if its one or the other mine av been balanced tracking done please if u can sort me out i will be gratefull
dennis

·
Registered
20,060 Posts
could be that your wheels are buckled, you cant see the buckle unless you put the car on a ramp and spin the wheel!

could be the problem.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
dennyboy said:
hi ive asked this question before about wobbly steering on my rover 25 i tried 2 exactly same wheels on front it cured the problem put mine back on problem is still there wot id like to no is it the alloys or tyres just dont want to lay money out and not knowing if its one or the other mine av been balanced tracking done please if u can sort me out i will be gratefull
dennis
sounds like the wheels are warped to me........it can happen if they're not put on correctly.

·
Registered
rover_600
23 Posts
Can I ask what make of tyres you have fitted?

It could be down to damage to the tyre wall, if this happens then you will get a serious wobble. Certain makes of tyres are more prone to this than others.

Is it a a certain speed range, between say 40 and 60?

T

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
did the wheels balance alright ? if you go to gt them balanced and they are warped this will come out on the balancing unit - they wont be able to balance them if they are really warped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts