MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can anyone recommend a good all season tyre . At the moment I have accelera all season on these I think are quite old and when I got the car it had been stood 2 years I replaced the front ones as I didn’t like the crazy micro cracking on them . Put Michelin cross climate on the front . The back size is 205/50r15 . Lost faith in the tyres on as I think they are past their best tho the thread is good

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,327 Posts
I would put Michelin cross climate’s on rear to match the front tyres as it is better to have the same type of rubber on all four corners.

The TF can be quite picky when it comes to tyres but the 15” wheels are less of a problem.

·
Registered
rover_75
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would put Michelin cross climate’s on rear to match the front tyres as it is better to have the same type of rubber on all four corners.

The TF can be quite picky when it comes to tyres but the 15” wheels are less of a problem.
I don’t think they do cross climate in that size . In fact their doesn’t seem many all season tyres in that size available

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
1,977 Posts
People were recommending toyo at one stage but a lot of people are now recommending falken I do have a set of wheels with falken's on but have not needed to fit them to my car yet as I'm waiting for the others to reach their limits so cannot comment on how they perform atm.

Not sure about all season as we (UK) don't tend to get the same low temps as europe and up until a few years back you never really seen summer or winter tyres, they were just advertised as tyres...but these may fit your requirements....some good reviews on the site as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts