MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my beloved to choose a radiator last weekend, came back with an Alfa. Don't worry team, still got the TF, traded the Punto for it.
I presume this is what they mean by 'impulse buy'.
Anyhow- anyone got/had one? Common problems? It's the 2.0 diesel (140 horse version).
Been on the Alfa forums, not much in the way of hands on how-to's like here. Diesel looks like a complete arse to service, oil filter buried under the engine.
Also, seems like the DPF is as welcome as a fart in a spacesuit.

Oh, it does go fast!. Making me wonder what a good TF 160 would feel like.
Cheers!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Never had an Alpha. Wanted a Alpha Sud when I was younger, but all the ones I looked at were rotten! Think it's the small one you're talking about? Post some pics when you get a chance...

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I had a Alfa 33 1.5 Green Cloverleaf for a couple of years, same boxer engine as the Sud with 2 twin choke webers so effectively 1 carb per cylinder, a close ratio gearbox, bucket seats, light weight alloys and loads of smiles.

I suspect I'll be in another when the ZS dies.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I had a Alfa 33 1.5 Green Cloverleaf for a couple of years, same boxer engine as the Sud with 2 twin choke webers so effectively 1 carb per cylinder, a close ratio gearbox, bucket seats, light weight alloys and loads of smiles.

I suspect I'll be in another when the ZS dies.
33? Yeah nice...

Need some work to keep them going these Italian cars, but have character. Remind you of an old British marque? :wink:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I had the same engine giulietta as a company car. Velose with heated electric seats. Climate, power mirrors etc.

I did like it, but, so glad it had a warranty :) that said, no worse than a astra H I used to own. In terms of problems. All cars have problems now and again.

What year is yours? They did a mild facelift and trim level change around 2014/2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts