MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a problem recently with the alarm going off randomly (as much as every hour) so been forced to leave the car unlocked a lot! ..neighbours aint best pleased with alarm going off during night..

I tried doing the self test procedure but everything worked fine. all doors/boot/bonnet were registered by the alarm led flashing.

As a final straw I cut the wire that runs from the alarm to the horn... so now it cant make a noise..

My question is.. is this ok? Im not going to drain my battery or anything silly like that? i think everything still functions as it did.. it just doesnt make a noise!

Thanks in advance guys

J

·
Registered
318 Posts
Had a problem recently with the alarm going off randomly (as much as every hour) so been forced to leave the car unlocked a lot! ..neighbours aint best pleased with alarm going off during night..

I tried doing the self test procedure but everything worked fine. all doors/boot/bonnet were registered by the alarm led flashing.

As a final straw I cut the wire that runs from the alarm to the horn... so now it cant make a noise..

My question is.. is this ok? Im not going to drain my battery or anything silly like that? i think everything still functions as it did.. it just doesnt make a noise!

Thanks in advance guys

J
ive just done the same as u mate...it wont do any harm at all

1 - 3 of 3 Posts